Volta Cataluna *Spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buddfox

Veteran
Did it attract any? The UCI is on rather shaky ground with the helmet rule, given how dodgily it was brought in and its utter failure to prevent further deaths as promised, plus the flouting of it by a large range of riders (I think Contador holds the record for longest unpunished bare-headed ride with 10km a few years ago?).

Would be interested to know if there was any punishment. But is it possible to know that it hasn't prevented further deaths? I think it's hard to know this given it's hypothetical?

There was no punishment

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Yep, I'm afraid I just don't see Thomas as a serious GT contender, they'd do better letting him keep some weight/power and concentrate on classics IMO.
i'm a big fan of G and was of richie porte too, but theres one thing they don't have and thats 21 day race credentials.........they have too many bad days and you can't have that as a GC rider.

Thomas is an awesome classics man and good for the short stage races like paris - nice or the torrano adriatico.....but he's just not GC for me

and thats coming from a fellow welshman

400bhp

Guru
I didn't realise until today that Valpiti is riidng the Giro.

I smell a rouse. Mr Quintana will use the Giro as a warm up whilst helping Valpiti win the Giro at his first (and probably last) attempt.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I didn't realise until today that Valpiti is riidng the Giro.

I smell a rouse. Mr Quintana will use the Giro as a warm up whilst helping Valpiti win the Giro at his first (and probably last) attempt.
"Listen up Nairo. You help me win the Giro and I'll help you win the Tour. Honest, I'll devote my every breath to helping you and won't let you down even to the detriment of my own position"
"Nairo, Nairo, what the fark are you laughing at?"

Top Bottom