Volta Ciclista a Catalunya **Spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Hodeg's blown up, 2.2km to summit, 12.5km to go, peloton leading.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I'm watching on ES player with no commentary. It's weird. Not quite sure what's going on but at 1.43 with 8km to go, it looks like the break will win the day.

mjr

Bennett would be unwise to complain too strongly - he was shut out by Valvpiti (as far as I can tell from the front-on shot) but it looked like he shut others out first.

I think commentary said Bennett was unwell yesterday and blamed that for being unable to catch Hodeg.

mjr

Might have been McCarthy not Bennett. I could have sworn commentary called Bennett.

Hodeg finished about 3min down.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Was it Bennett or McCarthy? In any case, it looked like he was chucking his bike around all over the shop, Adboujaparov style, so he can't complain about anyone else's riding.

Valverde may be an unrepentant doping git but always good to watch, dammit.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Couldn't work out who was the Sky rider up near the front. Looks like it was Bernal - good for him. The Henaos were both right at the back of the bunch going under the flamme rouge.

mjr

Seems like it was McCarthy. Impey quietly got second in between Valvpiti and him.

At least Valvpiti looks like a doping git, all stubbly, looking around shiftily and giving pretty forgettable interviews.

Top Bottom