Voodoo Bizango ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rovers1875

Veteran
Just bought one, I've read all the reviews I can find, they all seem pretty dam good, I've managed to ride it a couple of times and it feels pretty good too. I can't say I have any off road experience, apart form riding along the canal (which in parts is pretty awful).
I bought it because a) I just loved the look of the bike. b) I have fancied having a crack at the occasional off road ride.
What I'm asking is does anyone else on here have one or had one. How did you rate it? are there any obvious improvements I could make (not that I am yet looking to make any improvement just yet) I like thing to have a bit of wear before changing things. Any comments / pointers appreciated.

Attachments

• P1000711.JPG
    P1000711.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 810
  • P1000712.JPG
    P1000712.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 523
  • P1000713.JPG
    P1000713.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 517
  • P1000714.JPG
    P1000714.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 484
  • P1000715.JPG
    P1000715.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 450
  • P1000718.JPG
    P1000718.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 411
Nothing really needs changing. Maybe the saddle and the pedals as and when but it looks good to go. Have fun.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Halfords bought Kona and wrecked the brand by slapping the name on any generic mountain bike.

However, the founder of Kona still has a hand in the design of Voodoo branded bikes, so in that respect they are reckoned to be the better of the two.

Levo-Lon

Guru
They do everything quite well. Good choice..
use it abuse it Enjoy ,there more than capable for a uk trail centre with red routes .

mustang1

Legendary Member
I have one. I'm rubbish at off road even mildly technical stuff. I can't even do a damn wheelie on it though (for more than 5 seconds). While that shows a lack of skill in me, I blame the 29inch tires. :smile:

Mine is stock and I felt no need to upgrade. I'd like to get a dropper seatpost bit I only ride it a couple of times a year. I thought about selling it but my MTB buddies forbid me from doing so. Still, I might put it up for sale one day.

Gamble1983

Regular
Looks nice, i personally wouldnt replace anything straight away other than the pedals. Some people dont like suntour forks but thats situational imo.

I would remove that mudguard though!! :stop:

OP
OP
rovers1875

rovers1875

Veteran
Mad guards have already been reallocated to my hybrid (they came with the bike) and although I have nothing to compare against I quite like the forks. My lad had to show me how to adjust the air pressure and the rebound damping, so after a bit of fiddling they feel pretty good going over the rough stuff.
So far only managed a couple of rides and so far very impressed.

I'm not usually a fan of Halfords brands.
BUT(a very big one).
I hear nothing but good things about the Bizango from actual owners,3 in total.
They punch above their weight apparently,and I can kinda agree with that,as I have saw these 3 fellows on some of the tougher tracks down my way.They don't know each other incidentally,but pretty much say the same thing.
A bit like the Rockrider from Decathlon,it is,a good buy

mustang1

Legendary Member
I was highly recommended one by my "guys in the know". So I just went to Halfords, for my size (idk about now, but last year it only came in 2 sizes) and bought it.

The tech guys screwed up the headset a bit so that needed adjusting pretty soon.

But yeah, fantastic bike on the odd occasion that I ride it. I think next time I buy an MTB, I'd rather go for smaller wheels. It's a very well equipped bike for the price and even the stock tires are decent.

Gets admiring glances.

OP
OP
rovers1875

rovers1875

Veteran
First proper test tomorrow heading out from Hurstwood (Burnley) over the moors to Hebbden Bridge. I'm guessing I will fail before it does. What gets me is I've cleaned it all just before I I ride it over muddy trails ????

OP
OP
rovers1875

rovers1875

Veteran
P1000734.JPG P1000736.JPG
Covered around 30 miles today, up hill and down dale. I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed it, No disasters and the bikes capabilities certainly exceed my ability.
But I was comfortable and confident. the bike tracked really well and the tyres had great traction and never felt like slipping. Anyone with any off road ability would have left me for dead, but I'm learning and was having a blast. I think I like this bike.

Just got one of these to was highly recommended had a small first ride now looking forward to a full off road ride soon work permitting
only mod I'm going to make is to cut an inch or so from the bottom of the seat post as i can't lower it right out of the way for downhill sections

Top Bottom