Voodoo Bizango ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rovers1875

rovers1875

Veteran
Just got one of these to was highly recommended had a small first ride now looking forward to a full off road ride soon work permitting
only mod I'm going to make is to cut an inch or so from the bottom of the seat post as i can't lower it right out of the way for downhill sections
Ah yes! lowering the seat, no one mentioned that bit to me. I normally ride with a high seat (road bike) so I did the same on the MTB. So when we hit the down hill bit, he says "on some of the steeper bits you may need to hang off the back" This I did, just the minor detail I could not get back up. Its not easy to stop going downhill with your arse skimming the rear tyre. Lesson learned "drop your seat for downhills.

OP
OP
rovers1875

rovers1875

Veteran
Bought one through halfords' ebay site, 10% cheaper compared to the store price. I'm not an experienced MTBer but it seems well speced for the money the reviews are good too.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I have mine. So far I've changed the pedals and bar grips. And being new to this off road stuff I knew nothing of suspension set up, but I am learning fast.

By chance I had a ride today on the Bizango. I'm not sure if the handlebars need to be so wide but I'm reluctant to be taking a hack saw to them. Not sure what tyre pressures are best for the different conditions either.

OP
OP
rovers1875

rovers1875

Veteran
By chance I had a ride today on the Bizango. I'm not sure if the handlebars need to be so wide but I'm reluctant to be taking a hack saw to them. Not sure what tyre pressures are best for the different conditions either.
I agree, I found the bars freakishly wide, for the first few rides, but they feel normal now. I have the tyres around 35psi and they seem to grip pretty good over most surfaces.

i run mine at almost Max pressure can always drop some air out if more traction / grip is needed
handlebars with short stem allow it to change direction on the Trails with hardly any effort at all.

Made it to Haleigh Park but have found out i need to definitely up my Fitness for Mountainbiking
26420434870_41e9163e74_z.jpg
also changed the Pedals to more Grippy ones and shortened the seat post

Grayduff

Über Member
First MTB ever , still a roadie but gone to the dark side for the winter :-) and living it on my 2018 Voodoo, need to cut the seat post as mentioned above as a litlte on the high side, has anyone tried the U.S.E Vybe suspension post or similar ?. and has anyone changed the rear cassette to a 46 or something bigger my little slightly ageing legs are struggling a bit with the 42 any upgrade or advice welcome.

Fenrider

Is't far you ride?
I've had one for just over two years now and use it the Peak District on bridleways and on Forestry Commission trails like Thetford Forest. Compared to my 26" wheeled mountain bike it felt a bit strange at first, because it's tall and the handlebars are wide, but I soon got used to it on it. The tyres are grippy, it's fast on rough tracks and it feels very stable and safe on descents.
The only bits I've changed are the handgrips, one of which would slip off at critical moments, and the chain after snapping the original (not through strength, just one of those clunky desperate 'too late' gear changes). I've had a lot of fun with it. I don't think anything needs changing,
If I was going to add anything it would be a dropper post, because the advice about lowering the saddle and shifting your weight to the rear on descents is very sound. On the subject of advice, I recommend the Global Mountain Biking Network on YouTube, for example:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo49Gd0NgeQ&list=PLXWBBaEdFtbLrrNn5Q-AdC9LXIZFKZKJh&index=11

Last edited:

Grayduff

Über Member
I've had one for just over two years now and use it the Peak District on bridleways and on Forestry Commission trails like Thetford Forest. Compared to my 26" wheeled mountain bike it felt a bit strange at first, because it's tall and the handlebars are wide, but I soon got used to it on it. The tyres are grippy, it's fast on rough tracks and it feels very stable and safe on descents.
The only bits I've changed are the handgrips, one of which would slip off at critical moments, and the chain after snapping the original (not through strength, just one of those clunky desperate 'too late' gear changes). I've had a lot of fun with it. I don't think anything needs changing,
If I was going to add anything it would be a dropper post, because the advice about lowering the saddle and shifting your weight to the rear on descents is very sound. On the subject of advice, I recommend the Global Mountain Biking Network on YouTube, for example:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo49Gd0NgeQ&list=PLXWBBaEdFtbLrrNn5Q-AdC9LXIZFKZKJh&index=11

Many thanks great link :-)

Grayduff

Über Member
On the theme of being a Newbie MTBer can anyone point me in the right direction regarding front suspension pressure etc, havenet a clue on sag ? , i am 5,8 and 82kg ta

On the theme of being a Newbie MTBer can anyone point me in the right direction regarding front suspension pressure etc, havenet a clue on sag ? , i am 5,8 and 82kg ta

I got mine set at LBS who followed the rule of setting sag around 25% of fork travel. 140mm travel fork is 35mm sag etc.
Their method was to just have me stand on pedals (in sort of 'going over rough stuff' pose) and see how much it sagged and alter pressure accordingly.

turbomart

Über Member
I've also just bought one of these and I'm totally loving it.....I'm new to mountain biking and like Grayduff using this for winter training when I can't get out on my road bikes. I have been playing around with the suspension, tyres and seat position.
I'm 5'10" and weigh 93 kilos, I have gone for 30% sag (as I want abit of comfort) this works out at 36mm and equals 65psi ...... Tyres I have set to 30 psi rear and 28 front.
Can't wait to try it out properly, will probably head over to Thetford in the near future!
IMG_6178.JPG

Top Bottom