Vote one, vote all: Should @mudsticks be canonised?

Well, should she?

• Yay

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Who?

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • I haven't got a TV

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Thank you!

No particular recommends at the mo sorry, I've been enjoying my existing collection when I can lately.
It's quite a while since I tried any new music, the last thing I bought was Occulting Disc by Deathprod about 6 months ago after hearing a track from it on the wireless.
I shall give your recommendation a listen.

I don't know if you saw my post about it here but I had a ticket to go and see Föllakzoid in April, obviously it was cancelled and there was no indication that the gig would be rearranged which was a bit of a bummer.

Not come across the dulcet offerings of 'Deathprod' I donk think..

Will hunt them down - - with the requisite caution.:rolleyes:

But I have seen Föllakzoid live and v much enjoyed.

Hope your gig gets rescheduled, but iirc they hail from Chile, is it??

So might be a while before they can get back here.

How disappointing for you -

For everyone, who had plans really :sad:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'm not sure about this. St Mudsticks might work as the name for one of the Cornish saints, but she's a few miles too far east in Devon. It's a worry.

Oooo, can I be the Patron Saint of something??

Can I, can I ??

Giving succour to those who studiously avoid admin, by wibbling on t'internet, perhaps ??

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
You can be the patron saint of almost anything...….but I draw the line at couscous, quinoa or brocolli.
Sorry.

Why thank you -

I'll not go with the keen-wah either - ok in a mixed salad but not the most amazing flavour.

Cous cous gets overdone as camping food round our way - so I'll pass on that too.

But you clearly haven't had the correct sort (or spelling :wacko:) of broccoli either ..

Only suffered that mushy stuff they wrap in cling film - and offer in shops perhaps??

There was a Roman Goddess Brocolitia whose ruined temple i happened across on Hadrians Wall though.

I could get on board with being a Brassica Goddess i think ...

Might even fashion a headdress of verdant colewort greens to swan about the farm in -
- the neighbours wouldn't bat an eyelid tbh..

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Not come across the dulcet offerings of 'Deathprod' I donk think..

Will hunt them down - - with the requisite caution.:rolleyes:

But I have seen Föllakzoid live and v much enjoyed.

Hope your gig gets rescheduled, but iirc they hail from Chile, is it??

So might be a while before they can get back here.

How disappointing for you -

For everyone, who had plans really :sad:

I don't know what you'll think of Deathprod, it didn't live up to my expectations, maybe approach with caution is advised.

I remember you saying you had seen Föllakzoid live and I was really looking forward to it, of the new music I've tried recently they are by far my favourite, I think it's great music.
They are from Chile and I think you could be right about it being a while before they get back here, still, I shall keep checking.

Most of us have been effected by recent events and I've been lucky, a gig cancellation is nothing compared to what some have had to endure.

How does she appear? they ask, for her admirers are curious
Some say, she takes on disguises whenever cameras are near. comes the answer

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Why thank you -

I'll not go with the keen-wah either - ok in a mixed salad but not the most amazing flavour.

Cous cous gets overdone as camping food round our way - so I'll pass on that too.

But you clearly haven't had the correct sort (or spelling :wacko:) of broccoli either ..

Only suffered that mushy stuff they wrap in cling film - and offer in shops perhaps??

There was a Roman Goddess Brocolitia whose ruined temple i happened across on Hadrians Wall though.

I could get on board with being a Brassica Goddess i think ...

Might even fashion a headdress of verdant colewort greens to swan about the farm in -
- the neighbours wouldn't bat an eyelid tbh..
Sorry, I thought I'd corrected my spelling of broccoli. Anyway, the foodstuffs I mentioned are clearly the works of the Devil. Patronage would obviously disqualify you from sainthood.
Repent!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Shan't.. :cycle:

And anyhow, you don't order Brassicae Godesses about -

- I shall smite thee down with a cabbage stalk.. :hungry:
:eek::eek::eek::cry:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I don't know for sure if 'a god' exists.

I'm not that omniscient, despite having a thread named for me :blush:

I know a lot of people do believe that there is one god.

I know a lot of people believe there is more than one god

Many of the people who believe in one god, believe that anyone else's 'one god' is not the real deal, but their 'one god' is the real and proper one.

Many of the people who have a pantheon of gods, believe in all of theirs, but not anyone elses.

Many of these people seem prepared to fight each other over it al, big styleee, even to the death. :wacko:

Which is kind of ironic, given that many of them seem to be arguing over, 'what happens after you die'

I guess at least if they die 'in the name of their god(s) they then manage to prove themselves right (or wrong as the case may be)

But even then, no one gets the satisfaction of coming back and saying "I told you so"
(at least no one gets the shame of being proved wrong either :rolleyes:)

Which makes all the fighting seem rather pointless.

But going to war seems to be rather thrilling for some, and profitable for others.
However horrible the reality. :sad:

I think in truth, I'm one of those annoying flakey wishy washy non committal 'a bit spiritual' type people.

I don't see any evidence for any seperate divine being or god*(s)
I think I did write out an A-Z once upon a time out of interest.

I'm happy to accept there may be forces beyond our (present) scientific ken, which at the moment we name something a universal energy such as qui, prana, chi, life force or whatever.

And find a physically and spiritually uplifting practice in the forms of yoga pranayama and meditation.
Which seems to tap into something like this.

And through an appreciation of, and care for the natural world, which sustains us all in so many ways.

But I don't believe in elephant or monkey gods either - I think that it's most likely just us monkey brained humans trying to make sense and meaning out of our existence, and place in a seemingly limitless indifferent cosmos.

Not sure what sort of gnostic type, this all falls under??

View: https://youtu.be/91DSNL1BEeY

Top Bottom