Vote one, vote all: Should @mudsticks be canonised?

Well, should she?

• Yay

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Who?

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • I haven't got a TV

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
However, I think @Unkraut is the better theologian
I once read a short 2/6d paperback ...

I'm personally not into canonisation, but in mudsticks' case would suggest pasteurisation with or without subsequent homogenisation. Of course I don't believe mudsticks actually exists. He/She/It* is simply an idea in the mind of a computer programmer. An example of AI that will one day rule the world.

* Delete that which does not apply.

White smoke to announce that a new mudsticks has been appointed, black smoke for "the tractor's engine is leaking oil"

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Great thanks..

I'll study it carefully, then can spend the rest of my life living in the (possibly vain) hope that anyone - at all - might care, or enquire as to the degrees of theism / gnosticism of which I am possessed :okay:
It's always good to be able to define your terms. :okay:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I once read a short 2/6d paperback ...

I'm personally not into canonisation, but in mudsticks' case would suggest pasteurisation with or without subsequent homogenisation. Of course I don't believe mudsticks actually exists. He/She/It* is simply an idea in the mind of a computer programmer. An example of AI that will one day rule the world.

* Delete that which does not apply.

Ha that's what you think Mr @Unkraut !!

Don't think for one moment, that you can foil my devilish plans, for world domination via fermented root vegetables???

I tell you

"The Revolution will NOT be Pasteurised"

Mwha hah aha ha hah hah ha!! :rolleyes:

ETC ETC and so forth..

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
The god/belief thing is really just a distraction from the bigger question - which is "is infinity the ultimate answer?".

If it is, then the only real follow-up is "how the f**k can that be?". To which, logically, there can be no response, other than a reiteration of infinity.

Similarly, if it isn't, the only real follow-up is "how the f**k can that be? And, moreover, how the f**k can infinity not be?". The only possible ultimate response to this, of course, and logically, is "because", which is deeply unsatisfactory, as is "infinity" as the answer.

Fiddling about with details like my god/your god debates, or religion, is a quaint human need/tradition that diverts attention from what is a far more interesting question, where the options are, as stated, "infinity" or "because". Some people choose to adopt 'god' as their version of "because". But both answers are logically absurd and basically unfathomable to human minds, whatever religionists will have you believe.

A semi-useful additional question to pose here is "why didn't the universe not come into existence?". 'Universe' here is taken to mean absolutely everything, encompassing multi-verses, sub-verses and every conceivable postulated configuration of all that exists, existed, or will/may exist, as well as all potential creating forces. Helps focus on the infinity/because absurdity, but doesn't really get one any further forward ultimately.

Of course none of this actually produces meaningful or verifiable results, how can it, which is why humans content themselves with fiddling around like they do and making up stuff that soothes their worrisome minds.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Not really, it's the concept, which is, essentially, encapsulated by:

What created the creating force? Which is a limitless, never-ending question unless you stop at an answer no better than the ridiculous and illogical unclarified and unexplainable "because".

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The god/belief thing is really just a distraction from the bigger question - which is "is infinity the ultimate answer?".

If it is, then the only real follow-up is "how the f**k can that be?". To which, logically, there can be no response, other than a reiteration of infinity.

Similarly, if it isn't, the only real follow-up is "how the f**k can that be? And, moreover, how the f**k can infinity not be?". The only possible ultimate response to this, of course, and logically, is "because", which is deeply unsatisfactory, as is "infinity" as the answer.

Fiddling about with details like my god/your god debates, or religion, is a quaint human need/tradition that diverts attention from what is a far more interesting question, where the options are, as stated, "infinity" or "because". Some people choose to adopt 'god' as their version of "because". But both answers are logically absurd and basically unfathomable to human minds, whatever religionists will have you believe.

A semi-useful additional question to pose here is "why didn't the universe not come into existence?". 'Universe' here is taken to mean absolutely everything, encompassing multi-verses, sub-verses and every conceivable postulated configuration of all that exists, existed, or will/may exist, as well as all potential creating forces. Helps focus on the infinity/because absurdity, but doesn't really get one any further forward ultimately.

Of course none of this actually produces meaningful or verifiable results, how can it, which is why humans content themselves with fiddling around like they do and making up stuff that soothes their worrisome minds.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Not really, it's the concept, which is, essentially, encapsulated by:

What created the creating force? Which is a limitless, never-ending question unless you stop at an answer no better than the ridiculous and illogical unclarified and unexplainable "because".

Which is also conveniently the answer to any of Juniors questions at to "Why?"

"Well son - because"

Or, if you wish to appear as a better parent, but yet not to actually have to do any of the heavy intellectual lifting. ..

"Well my child, why do you think?? "

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

One of my favourite easy tricks for the chidders, around infinity, is the mobius strip.

Never was a young mind so easily blown by a strip of paper, some sticky tape, a pencil and a pair of scissors.

Goes down well with the grown ups, who've not yet had the pleasure too..

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Don't know about canonisation but she does show some good taste in music.

:okay: Et vous mnsr Le Chrome

I'm particularly enjoying Khruangbins latest offering at the mo.

Not so many new releases right now, for obv reasons.

Any particular recommends in the left / ambient field ??

Chromatic

Legendary Member
:okay: Et vous mnsr Le Chrome

I'm particularly enjoying Khruangbins latest offering at the mo.

Not so many new releases right now, for obv reasons.

Any particular recommends in the left / ambient field ??

Thank you!

No particular recommends at the mo sorry, I've been enjoying my existing collection when I can lately.
It's quite a while since I tried any new music, the last thing I bought was Occulting Disc by Deathprod about 6 months ago after hearing a track from it on the wireless.
I shall give your recommendation a listen.

I don't know if you saw my post about it here but I had a ticket to go and see Föllakzoid in April, obviously it was cancelled and there was no indication that the gig would be rearranged which was a bit of a bummer.

Top Bottom