Vote one, vote all: Should @mudsticks be canonised?

Well, should she?

• Yay

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Who?

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • I haven't got a TV

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Wasn't it @wheresthetorch? Apologies if I've remembered the wrong member. I probably have. They were about to take up the cloth a few years back.
I seem to remember @Fab Foodie was going to take up the cloth as well............

.....................the table cloth, I mean

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
On another thread I suggested that @mudsticks' patience be rewarded by being canonised.

True to CC form, this was wilfully misinterpreted by several members (you know who you are), leading to the obvious solution of a democratic vote.

So, should she be?

Who me, wilful ?? :eek:

I was angling for becoming cannon fodder over beatification..

All that being perched atop a cloud, astrumming a harp, could get a tad dull within about ten minutes.

But as they say @AndyRM the only thing worse than being talked about behind ones back..

Is not being talked about :rolleyes:

Obviously an Aubergine?

Or clearly a plant?

Next up - Is democracy overrated ??

I dont think anyone should have their foreskin removed to be honest .

Excepting for medical reasons perhaps??

sheddy

Legendary Member
We can claim to have devised the rules of Mudsticks circa 1970. Any number of players.
Cut long swishy willow branches
(one each) carry to mud clay hollows and collect clay.
Arrange to stand about 30 yards from one’s opponent. Attach a small lump of clay to thin end, then with over the shoulder arc try and hit them. Play until teatime (or until when someone gets hurt). Can get scary.

Dog owners today play a tame version with modern equipment.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Don't know about canonisation but she does show some good taste in music.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
No need for a poll.

Let's just put @mudsticks in charge.......of everything.

Oh purleease..

I've already got a farm to run, good people to bend into queer shapes, and a union to represent.. A food system to overhaul.

And a podcast to record.

Quite aside from all the cycling, beach going, and burlesque practice..

I know that phrase "If you want something doing - give the job to the busiest person you know"

But I'm sure we could find someone else to take on some of the load...

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
We can claim to have devised the rules of Mudsticks circa 1970. Any number of players.
Cut long swishy willow branches
(one each) carry to mud clay hollows and collect clay.
Arrange to stand about 30 yards from one’s opponent. Attach a small lump of clay to thin end, then with over the shoulder arc try and hit them. Play until teatime (or until when someone gets hurt). Can get scary.

Dog owners today play a tame version with modern equipment.

We're definitely doing this at the next farm 'sports day' the soil here is sandy, but I reckon I could get a bunch of clay from the local brick yard, fill a tub, and we could have hours of fun.

Mudpacks for our fairlady complexions too :okay:

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Wasn't it @wheresthetorch? Apologies if I've remembered the wrong member. I probably have. They were about to take up the cloth a few years back.

'Twas indeed me - currently in training. However, I think @Unkraut is the better theologian

As regards the wonderful @mudsticks it has been noted upthread that she is still alive. However, the alternative definition of canonisation is "admission into a canon of literary or artistic works" in which case she and may other members of this forum could be admitted into the canon of CC threads.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
'Twas indeed me - currently in training. However, I think @Unkraut is the better theologian

As regards the wonderful @mudsticks it has been noted upthread that she is still alive. However, the alternative definition of canonisation is "admission into a canon of literary or artistic works" in which case she and may other members of this forum could be admitted into the canon of CC threads.

Compared with the other options, so far offered -

- Death in order to achieve sainthood.

- Being part of a retro style circus performance.

- Or having to take charge of absolutely everything :eek:

I rather prefer yours ...

It's going to take minimal effort - given that I'm already here, plus I've already written what I've writed..

And oh my - "wonderful"

A mysterious, torch carrying theological fanboy (or girl?) - no less... :blush:

Most flattering - so shall endeavour to stay alive, at least just a little while longer..

We could have nice chats over Vedic texts..:angel:

Top Bottom