Vuelta a Espana 2023 (spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd like to see Kuss move to UAE next year and work with Pog ... and do over those two b*******s

DogmaStu

I'd like to see Kuss move to UAE next year and work with Pog ... and do over those two b*******s

I genuinely believe Sepp is very happy where he is. He loves his Super Domestique role and it's everyone else projecting what they think he should think that is creating the criticisms for how the Team is behaving.

I still think they'll give this one to Sepp but dearly want to sew up the 1-2-3, an unprecedented result.

JV's X (Twitter) feed suggest Sepp actually told Vingo and Rog to go for it in the final run in because he was struggling. He may have done this to ensure they put time in everyone else while maintaining the 1-2-3 as it is. Rog and Vingo didn't sprint for seconds at the end, which I think is telling.

But...we'll see tomorrow!

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I genuinely believe Sepp is very happy where he is. He loves his Super Domestique role and it's everyone else projecting what they think he should think that is creating the criticisms for how the Team is behaving.

I still think they'll give this one to Sepp but dearly want to sew up the 1-2-3, an unprecedented result.

JV's X (Twitter) feed suggest Sepp actually told Vingo and Rog to go for it in the final run in because he was struggling. He may have done this to ensure they put time in everyone else while maintaining the 1-2-3 as it is. Rog and Vingo didn't sprint for seconds at the end, which I think is telling.

But...we'll see tomorrow!
Again should of waited for him today,they could of still had the 1,2,3 I reckon.He's the leader/the red Jersey.Wouldnt of took much to ease of the pedals and look after him.Be a nice gesture to sacrifice themselves a little,repay the favour so to speak.

DogmaStu

Again should of waited for him today,they could of still had the 1,2,3 I reckon.He's the leader/the red Jersey.Wouldnt of took much to ease of the pedals and look after him.Be a nice gesture to sacrifice themselves a little,repay the favour so to speak.

Not so sure. If Vingo wins the Vuelta and not because of Sepp losing too much time to Landa and the others tomorrow by doing a Remco and blowing up, then yes, today was a demonstration in putting Sepp back into his Domestique role.

However, we are told Sepp specifically told them to "go for it, Guys". We can only assume his intent but we can hope he meant for them to use the opportunity to put more time into everyone else while ensuring they never took red for themselves. Which they didn't and I do believe they could have today - Vingo definitely, he just sat on Rog's wheel.

The key point here is that Sepp wasn't in danger of losing his jersey to Landa or anyone else. He didn't need protecting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Not so sure. If Vingo wins the Vuelta and not because of Sepp losing too much time to Landa and the others tomorrow by doing a Remco and blowing up, then yes, today was a demonstration in putting Sepp back into his Domestique role.

However, we are told Sepp specifically told them to "go for it, Guys". We can only assume his intent but we can hope he meant for them to use the opportunity to put more time into everyone else while ensuring they never took red for themselves. Which they didn't and I do believe they could have today - Vingo definitely, he just sat on Rog's wheel.

The key point here is that Sepp wasn't in danger of losing his jersey to Landa or anyone else. He didn't need protecting.
You don't race your own teammates, especially when there in the red jersey.Should of been there to help him for me.Hey I'm not a massive Jumbo fan and it makes better racing but I feel for Kuss.Cant see him getting as good a chance again.They came to win the race,they should be prepared to sacrifice there podium places if need be.

DogmaStu

You don't race your own teammates, especially when there in the red jersey.Should of been there to help him for me.Hey I'm not a massive Jumbo fan and it makes better racing but I feel for Kuss.Cant see him getting as good a chance again.They came to win the race,they should be prepared to sacrifice there podium places if need be.

But where is the need to sacrifice anything? Kuss wasn't in any danger. Vingo and Rog didn't take red and they didn't maximise time between themselves and Kuss. What they did was increase their lead over everyone else, cementing their 1-2-3 podium.

You work for a teammate if he is in trouble or needs to make up more time. Sepp doesn't. So if Vingo and Rog get closer to him its all good, it's only bad if they remove the red from him and they haven't.

Maybe I'm reading a different team strategy. I see the JV Director as happy for Sepp to win, I see his teammates happy for him. I see the Director and Sepp happy for his teammates to make as much time over everyone else as possible.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
But where is the need to sacrifice anything? Kuss wasn't in any danger. Vingo and Rog didn't take red and they didn't maximise time between themselves and Kuss. What they did was increase their lead over everyone else, cementing their 1-2-3 podium.

You work for a teammate if he is in trouble or needs to make up more time. Sepp doesn't. So if Vingo and Rog get closer to him its all good, it's only bad if they remove the red from him and they haven't.

Maybe I'm reading a different team strategy. I see the JV Director as happy for Sepp to win, I see his teammates happy for him. I see the Director and Sepp happy for his teammates to make as much time over everyone else as possible.
What was the point though...he lost what 18 seconds in the last 2k.Everybody else was done for and dropped.Were they really that worried that Landa would win the stage lol.There was no reason to leave him as far as I'm concerned.
Anyway back to a proper racer 😂
Spanish TV to Mikel Landa: "What is your opinion about the Jumbo leaders dropping Kuss and leaving him alone?"
Landa: "I don't care a damn."

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think TJV are making it up as they go along. Nobody wants to make the decision who's to lead, neither the ruders during the stage or the DS in the car.
Shambles apart from the fact they're going to win at a canter😊
If Rog and Vingo had stuck with Kuss thw position would be just the same.
Landa's never going to win a GT as long as he's got a hole in his saddle...

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Landa's never going to win a GT as long as he's got a hole in his saddle...
Thin ice there Rich !
Screenshot_20230913-193232.png

geocycle

Legendary Member
Interesting discussion on The Breakaway between Orla, Dan, Adam and Sean Kelly. They all seem very unimpressed with how Kuss was treated. Vin seemed sympathetic to keeping Kuss in red, Rog was steely and Kuss meanwhile seemed sanguine. I guess the problem will come if he drops out of the red jersey. If it was anyone else but Kuss you could imagine the team imploding.

Top Bottom