Vuelta a Espana 2023 (spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
It’s a PR disaster if nothing less. I feel like JV are under a lot of scrutiny and are a little unpopular because of the way they’re winning EVERYTHING at the moment. And then there’s Kuss, who everyone likes and everyone is glad to see in red. The amount of goodwill they’re earning with Kuss in red is significant. The amount of badwill they’re gathering at the moment due to J and P is significant too. It’s an own goal!

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Jumbo stage win today then 🙄

Chislenko

Veteran
Must admit I am finding it incredibly boring now. It's becoming a bit like Scottish top flight football, you hope against hope that there will be a few surprises along the way but the end result is always Celtic.

It's a big turn off for me.

Mike_P

Guru
Interesting discussion on The Breakaway between Orla, Dan, Adam and Sean Kelly. They all seem very unimpressed with how Kuss was treated. Vin seemed sympathetic to keeping Kuss in red, Rog was steely and Kuss meanwhile seemed sanguine. I guess the problem will come if he drops out of the red jersey. If it was anyone else but Kuss you could imagine the team imploding.

Was based on an assumption that Kuss had asked them to slow down. What if Kuss had given them the okay to go expecting other riders to attack? Maybe he is feeling the race more. He has faded towards the end of other grand tours.

If Vingo or Rog had wanted to get ahead of Kuss in GC by now, I'm pretty damn certain that one of them would have.

Chislenko

Veteran
I seem to recall Sepp being quoted as "not wanting to be a team leader but being happy in his role"

I suppose if you look at people like Vasil he would surely have been strong enough to win more stages than he did if he hadn't been pulling Sky / Ineos around for the last few years of his career.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm kind of losing interest. So what if Kuss ends up third of a TJV 1-2-3? Meh.

I suppose the detail of the order of the TJV riders is the one sliver of jeopardy remaining in the race. But it's hardly gripping.

Last edited:
Top Bottom