Vuelta a Espana 2023 (spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's three....I'll keep it short.I don't dislike anyone except Millar.
But I'm not gonna start a petition.

we disagree ... but that made me laugh !

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm sure people can point out examples but I can't think of a more brutally decisive move to switch from all out GC to stages/other jersey than Remco in this Vuelta.

Normally a GC hope will keep on trying, and getting their arse kicked and maybe stagger along maintaining top 10. I don't remember a case where a real GC hope went, suddenly: Right! This isn't going to work. Activate plan B. Lose time and get stages and the mountain jersey. On my mark 3,2,1 ...

DogmaStu

Great result for Remco, absolutely salvaged this Vuelta and got some good stages and the mountains jersey.

It will be 1-2-3 for JV in the end and it has played out as I thought it would in my posts yesterday - chapeau Jumbo, great battle plan.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I've warmed to Remco this Vuelta. He's given very sensible and modest interviews and shown a lot of guts to bounce back from his bad days and, of course, that he's a great rider.
Just imagine next season with Landa as you're domestique or should I say Remco motor pacing Landa 😁

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Nice to see* Egan Bernal making a comeback to the top 10 on a GT stage.

* I haven't seen it yet, just looked at the results. But you know what I mean.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
So will they all stay at JV? I reckon someone will leave after these shenanigans.

Interesting. Rog might be feeling a bit aggrieved that he didn't get to win "his" race. Kuss might be looking to top up his retirement fund while the goings good if someone is willing to pay big bucks (and give him leadership). Jonas won't be going anywhere.

But then, on the other hand, they might all be perfectly happy to be part of a monster winning machine.

DogmaStu

I can’t see Sepp moving if he really is happy to NOT be a team leader. I reckon Rog will (understandably) find this week’s events hard to reconcile.

Rog is the only one who could have a ‘beef’ but to leave and have Vuelta or Giro ambitions elsewhere he would have to find another strong team…and he’ll realise his best chances are still at JV.

Sepp’s winning this year is an anomaly, unlikely to happen again so that puts Rog back in front next year - with Sepp helping him.

Top Bottom