WAgatha Christie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61372222

The only winners are the lawyers!

There are corking claims coming out of this...

Vardy had no choice but to Sue when she didn't get an apology
err I could think of at least one alternative, not suing..

As far as I can tell Colleen only every said it was RV's "account" which RV has all but admitted, confirming her agent Caroline Watt had access to it.
Mrs Watt, who has been deemed too ill to testify........

....The case could hinge on some Whatsapp messages between Mrs Watt and Mrs Vardy, which were requested in evidence by Mrs Rooney's team to help her case. However the agent lost her phone containing the messages when it fell into the North Sea while on a boat on holiday.
How convenient a wave took it a couple of days after it had been requested to be surrendered!!!

Given the case is still going ahead I assume that somewhere CR must have insisted it was RV personally involved.

All very silly. Both sides have spend at least £1m on legal fees and can only expect damages in the 10s of £1000s.

But what has this done to the Brand Value of CR and RV?

As far as I'm concerned they have no brand value. I hold the view that footballers have too much money so anyway so it's the sort of case of rather the lawyers had the money. That's a funny turn up for the books! 😆

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The case is bonkers and just two women with too much money and too little sense. Probably all spurred on the lawyers and the tabloids.
Rooney has made an allegation but can’t support it.
The loss of evidence is highly suspicious and it does seem that the PA is almost certainly the person who leaked the information.
But the judge has already said that Rooney must show it was Vardy and not the PA that leaked it. And I can’t see how they can prove this.

Just been on the news. They said it was the story captivating everyone. Also said on the back of the twitter posts of one the other got death threats when pregnant. That's nasty! That's serious! This court case isn't!

IMO it's about one of the great journalistic puns of our era.
WAGatha Christie! Do you see - it's genius!

It wasn't even a journalist who coined that was it ? It's a heck of a pun though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-10-18-55-32-46_aee2dc313af8a92a16fcafcae1270359.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-10-18-55-32-46_aee2dc313af8a92a16fcafcae1270359.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom