Wahoo compatible mount for Brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mitchibob

Über Member
The standard one can work... although you might need to bodge a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_20190301_145741120.jpg
    IMG_20190301_145741120.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 518

Kell

Veteran
If you mount stuff to the left of your centre stem, it's less likely to get in the way.

Especially if you can also add one of the extender nipples for the catch. (I can't remember the official name for this or where I got mine from, but I thought it was bikegang.)

mitchibob

Über Member
Will the out front one fit.Attaches to handle bars.

With some extra spare inner tube wrapped around, yes, but you need to keep moving it when you fold, or end up with bent spokes. This was fine for a bit, but then found it kept working it's way off the new rubber, so went for this bodge instead that works way better.

Kell

Veteran
Especially if you can also add one of the extender nipples for the catch. (I can't remember the official name for this or where I got mine from, but I thought it was bikegang.)

ETA - I did get mine from Bikegang

287444092.jpg

https://www.bikegang.co.uk/bikeganghut/MiniMODs-BM-Folding-space-expansion-Mushroom-stem-p50828005

Last edited:

Brocky49

That looks great! Shame it's for a Garmin.
Yes it's a Garmin, but the company (Bikegang) does a range of mounts and brackets that accommodate other bits of kit. The point of the post was to show that this particular arrangement does not affect the fold which I believed was the original concern. I was just trying to be helpful.

Tenkaykev

Guru
That looks great! Shame it's for a Garmin.

Hi Mitchibob,
I have the same mount as brocky49 and use it to mount a Garmin edge touring which I inherited from my wife.
The Garmin is on its last legs and I'll be getting a Tickr Bolt ( holding off as there are rumours of an updated one in the works )
It is easy to modify the Garmin mount as there are 4 screw holes so it is possible to rotate the mount 90 degrees and with the use of a Stanley knife trim away a bit of the plastic so that it fits.
Having checked that, I see that there is an option of a Wahoo mount. link here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bike-Com...hash=item3d7287ebc1:m:mgJ3F8_9ZnIFXc5cEb0_qfg

HTH

Top Bottom