Wahoo Elemnt Battery Replacement?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianbarton

Veteran
I have had my Elemnt for about 18 months. In the last week, it was going from 100% battery to flat in about 2.5hrs. I have done a factory reset and charged it up to 100%. It's been sat on the dustbin outside in auto-pause mode or about 2.5hrs and battery has dropped to 19%. What sort of battery life do others get ? I use the Elemnt about 4 times per week and would expect better battery life than 18 months.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Contact Wahoo and see what they say.
It sounds faulty to me.

Dpatter3

I have the same problem and the only option I was given from support was to buy a refurbished one for $150.

OP
OP
ianbarton

ianbarton

Veteran
I have the same problem and the only option I was given from support was to buy a refurbished one for $150.
Was yours more than 2 years old? Unless the battery is soldered to a board, I can't imagine replacing it would be too difficult.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I have had my Elemnt for about 18 months. In the last week, it was going from 100% battery to flat in about 2.5hrs. I have done a factory reset and charged it up to 100%. It's been sat on the dustbin outside in auto-pause mode or about 2.5hrs and battery has dropped to 19%. What sort of battery life do others get ? I use the Elemnt about 4 times per week and would expect better battery life than 18 months.
Had the same problem. Emailed Yahoo Sunday evening. Got a reply Monday. Tuesday they emailed the posting documents. Posted out Tuesday afternoon. Got an email Tuesday evening saying the courier had picked it up. They said they would put one in the post. It arrived this morning. They replaced it with a Elempt roam.Not bad service. My original Elempt was 18 months old. The roam has a couple of nice upgrades.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Had the same problem. Emailed Yahoo Sunday evening. Got a reply Monday. Tuesday they emailed the posting documents. Posted out Tuesday afternoon. Got an email Tuesday evening saying the courier had picked it up. They said they would put one in the post. It arrived this morning. They replaced it with a Elempt roam.Not bad service. My original Elempt was 18 months old. The roam has a couple of nice upgrades.

It’ll be great to get your feedback on the Roam.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
It’ll be great to get your feedback on the Roam.
Briliant. Used for forst time today, I knew the route we where doing, but put the roam through it's pacess. It took me to where the ride started from, I deliberetly went of course, it showed me how to get back on route, Turn lights showed me wich way to turn, there where some red lights came on don't know what they ment, will have to google that, But i am well impressed so far, A nice upgrade from the Elempt. And for free. Wahoo after sales is good.:okay:

Top Bottom