Wahoo Elemnt bolt won't connect to phone app

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I've been using my Elemnt Bolt for about six weeks, it paired to the phone app fine when I brought it and no problems since then, but for the last few days the app won't connect to the bolt. It just says Elemnt reconnecting but it won't get anywhere (and yes the Bolt and bluetooth on my phone are both turned on ^_^) I tried unpairing and then repairing the devices, my phone takes the picture of the barcode on the Bolt fine but then it stays on the 'Element found, connecting' screen permanently and still won't pair to the Bolt. My phone is a Alcatel so an Android OS. Any bright ideas? Many thanks.

Last edited:

BigMeatball

don't know, is the elemnt app on your phone up to date? might be worth checking that out..

vickster

Legendary Member
Send an email to the Wahoo helpdesk, they're quite helpful (although in the end this not working led me to sell the Elemnt, they did recognise an issue with iOS)

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Send an email to the Wahoo helpdesk, they're quite helpful (although in the end this not working led me to sell the Elemnt, they did recognise an issue with iOS)
I'll do that thanks, I've tried everything I can think of, including just now uninstalling and reinstalling the phone app and still no luck

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Is 'Location' enabled on the phone?
It is indeed, but good idea, didnt think to check that before.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
I've been looking into buying a bike GPS. The reviews of the companion apps on the Google play store are horrific. Take a look, lots of people with problems connecting.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've been looking into buying a bike GPS. The reviews of the companion apps on the Google play store are horrific. Take a look, lots of people with problems connecting.
On the other hand I know many happy Wahoo users who rarely, if ever, report a problem. Few people who are happy bother to write reviews, for others it's often to vent.

Saying that the last two updates created a short lag, 24 hours at most, with Strava. It appears though that Strava have also offered several updates recently.

I've recently found it difficult to connect an HR strap but I'm 50/50 on the cause being Wahoo.

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
I've had my Bolt for three years without a problem.Well not from Wahoo/Bolt but the IOS app can sometimes be buggy.If this happens I just delete then reinstall the App:okay:

Keykey1985

I'm also having this issue, tried unpairing, reinstalling the app, updating device firmware and a factory reset. Was previously an intermittent issue but now it will not connect at all. Owned the unit for over 3 years and until now had no issues other than rainy rides killing the speaker!

Top Bottom