Wahoo Elemnt Bolt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robing

Über Member
I am considering the Wahoo Bolt. I tried a Garmin Edge 820 Touring but it had major flaws so I took it back.
Mainly it's awful to try and program a route manually in the go. Is this state of the art tech in 2018? It felt more like
Using a ZX Spectrum! Shame as the rest of it was pretty good.

I have a few questions regarding the Bolt. I really like the idea of being able to do it all on your phone and being able to easily type in a destination on the go.

Does it work anywhere in Europe or further afield?
Can you upload to Garmin Connect? I use Strava as well but I have 8 years of rides on garmin connect so would like to be able to continue with it.
I have Garmin mounts on all my bikes. How easy is it to convert them?

vickster

Legendary Member
Some recent discussion here

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/garmin-or-elemnt.233781/

Easy to convert the mounts if they're plastic, however, you might find tiny chipping on the mount on the back of the device

I have to say, I've not been impressed with my couple of tries of the direction on the go, tried to take me down invisible roads and also bridlepaths. There may be a way around this but even set for on road this happened. My garmin was better at this

The maps (at least on the Elemnt) are full Europe

I don't think it would sync with Garmin connect, but could be wrong. It's seamless to Strava

greenmark

Guru
I am considering the Wahoo Bolt. I tried a Garmin Edge 820 Touring but it had major flaws so I took it back.
Mainly it's awful to try and program a route manually in the go. Is this state of the art tech in 2018? It felt more like
Using a ZX Spectrum! Shame as the rest of it was pretty good.

I have a few questions regarding the Bolt. I really like the idea of being able to do it all on your phone and being able to easily type in a destination on the go.

Does it work anywhere in Europe or further afield?
Can you upload to Garmin Connect? I use Strava as well but I have 8 years of rides on garmin connect so would like to be able to continue with it.
I have Garmin mounts on all my bikes. How easy is it to convert them?

You can download most country maps onto Bolt using the accompanying bluetooth map. They use open street maps so quality can be variable. I've used it in HK, Japan, Taiwan and Indonesia.
You can't automatically sync with Connect. You can automatically sync it so that it will leave a *.fit file in Dropbox, and then you can manually upload the file to Connect.
Not sure about mount conversion. The Bolt comes with two mounts in the box (one handlbar/stem mount, one out-in-front mount).

robing

Über Member
The auto pause is superior on the Garmin. I like the way you can set it to pause at a preset speed eg say if your speed drops below 2mph.

Top Bottom