Wahoo Elemnt Bolt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

broady

Veteran
Had my first ride with the wahoo elemnt tonight. Quite impressed with it and I liked how you can send a link so my wife can watch live where I am and know when to put dinner on!!
I found my garmin easier to read, but that might be due to not being used to the wahoo.

broady

Veteran
I did feel that my garmin 1000 explorer was ahead of my 1000 in so many areas, but didn't have all the features I wanted.
Can't wait to test the elemnt properly out

straas

Matt
I've had the wahoo elemnt bolt for a few months now, my previous GPS was a Garmin 705.

I'm really liking the wahoo, the maps are much clearer, and the directions are brilliant - took me to conwy from manchester this summer with no wrong turns.
The GPS seems really accurate, and much better under dense foliage than the 705 - though that's to be expected given the age difference.

The only gripe I'd have is it can take upto 5 seconds to autopause at traffic lights - not a problem as such on a longer ride, but makes it look like you're commuting quite slowly!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Link or was this a cyber Monday sale? The Elemnt is £220 from Wiggle (RRP £250)
In the sales last week - they were going for £189.99 but seem to have gone back up!

broady

Veteran
Screenshot_2017-12-01-13-34-32.png
Bolt is still available at £176

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
That's the small one? I'd want the bigger for routing. I'll be replacing an 800. If I do end up buying, £220 is ok

In my opinion the bigger one is better for routing and £30 may not be a deal breaker. It is a fantastic device. I have recently added another page so I can monitor my training. It is so adaptable and easy to set up your screens exactly as you require. It used to do my head in when Garmin (Touring Edge) updated their software, all my pages reverted back to factory settings. I had to have photos of my screens as a reference. Infuriating!

vickster

Legendary Member
£30 may not be a deal breaker
It's not :smile:

Thanks for the feedback, I've never really got on with the Garmin beyond the basics (not a gadget/techie person at all). Bluetooth uploads useful too, saves me relying on my phone for Strava because I never really get round to attaching the Garmin to the laptop these days

Might flog the Garmin before Xmas and get a Wahoo after

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
It's not :smile:

Thanks for the feedback, I've never really got on with the Garmin beyond the basics (not a gadget/techie person at all). Bluetooth uploads useful too, saves me relying on my phone for Strava because I never really get round to attaching the Garmin to the laptop these days

Might flog the Garmin before Xmas and get a Wahoo after

My Garmin sold quickly as there is a strong following of fans out there. Almost no wait for my Wahoo. I forgot how inconvenient it was plugging the Garmin into a laptop all the time. The Wahoo works seamlessly between my iPhone and Strava. Slowly working through my Wahoo wish list of a cadence sensor, heart rate monitor and especially a Kickr Snap smart trainer.

Did I say I’m really pleased with Wahoo? :whistle:

Top Bottom