wahoo elemnt map question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smoggie

Morning all!
I think this may be a bit of a dumb question, but here goes:

If I have a map (gpx file) downloaded from Strava and I want to ride to the start point, will it automatically kick in when I get to that point or do I need to stop and start the route?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You will either need to start the map, or if like with Garmin, you can start it where you are then it will navigate to the start. It won't automatically load a route, as you could have many saved on the device. You open it and you'll get options - try it.

Broadside

Guru
Morning all!
I think this may be a bit of a dumb question, but here goes:

If I have a map (gpx file) downloaded from Strava and I want to ride to the start point, will it automatically kick in when I get to that point or do I need to stop and start the route?
If you start the route when you are some distance away from it the Wahoo will give a Yes/No option to navigate you to the start of the route. You will need to select Yes or No on the Wahoo head unit.

Yes - it will guide you there, then you join the route and follow the black chevron guides as normal.

No - it will stay quiet until you join the route and then follow the guides as normal.

Top Bottom