Wahoo elemnt v elemnt bolt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Looking to treat myself to a Wahoo bundle

Looking at the 2 side by side not much difference question is are the differences in the two worth the extra money ?

If i understand it right the gps works on the device even if not paired to say your phone ?

Anyone know if they work with apple maps ?

vickster

Legendary Member
Looking to treat myself to a Wahoo bundle

Looking at the 2 side by side not much difference question is are the differences in the two worth the extra money ?

If i understand it right the gps works on the device even if not paired to say your phone ?

Anyone know if they work with apple maps ?
No, they have their own maps which are black and white. In my limited experience the programming on the fly isn't great unless you're happy going off road. Works best with pre planned routes through ride with gps where you get turn by turn instructions.
The Elemnt has a notably bigger screen. Go look at them to see which you prefer size wise

Milzy

Guru
No, they have their own maps which are black and white. In my limited experience the programming on the fly isn't great unless you're happy going off road. Works best with pre planned routes through ride with gps where you get turn by turn instructions.
The Elemnt has a notably bigger screen. Go look at them to see which you prefer size wise
The bolt is a perfect size. The other is too big for me liking.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I chose the Elemnt, with it’s larger screen, as I can see it properly without my spectacles.
Ergo; my cycling shades are now usable again..

I went for the elemnt, but haven’t used it yet, but will on Saturday on a 40 miler. I chose the larger screen. And just got the cash back deal too.
Best of luck on your choice.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I went for the Elemnt for touring reasons and when riding Audax at night. In hindsight there isn’t a lot of difference in performance even though one screen can show loads of info if you are that way inclined. Maybe more battery life on the larger device?

It’s an amazing GPS.

Milzy

Guru
I went for the Elemnt for touring reasons and when riding Audax at night. In hindsight there isn’t a lot of difference in performance even though one screen can show loads of info if you are that way inclined. Maybe more battery life on the larger device?

It’s an amazing GPS.
If I was doing Audax I’d have done the same.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Maybe more battery life on the larger device?

It’s an amazing GPS.

Have you tested the battery life to the limit yet? My Leyzene started playing up last night on the FNRttC & won't play ball at all today, so need something else. Battery life is top of the priorities for me, got another couple of 150 mile rides planned, so 12-14 hours battery life is needed. Not fussed about size of unit, but the larger Elemnt shows longer battery life

I did a slow 7 hour ride yesterday, only 35 miles (Freeride London) and still had battery left. This was only on record my journey setting, but it recorded perfectly. Not sure whether tbt would have used the battery more, I’ll let you know at the end of our trip to Paris in a couple of weeks!

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
You need to try one, on the fly works really well. I know as i have been using one for a few months,
I have one. I’ve said before I think that the times I’ve tried it, it’s tried to send me down bridle paths and non existent paths/roads!

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Have you tested the battery life to the limit yet? My Leyzene started playing up last night on the FNRttC & won't play ball at all today, so need something else. Battery life is top of the priorities for me, got another couple of 150 mile rides planned, so 12-14 hours battery life is needed. Not fussed about size of unit, but the larger Elemnt shows longer battery life

Not sure what ‘the limit’ is but recently I have used it on a 300+km and a 247km ride with no issues and still plenty % left. I just top up once with a tiny lipstick battery pack when I stop for a decent break.

Thumb sucking, I would say I would get round a 200+km route without charging with some % still left. I do economise on non essentials like some of the optional LEDs beeps and backlight settings. GPX files are probably less draining than TCX files I would guess.

woosey

Elemnt user here - if your using navigation i get around 9 hours out of the unit, without navigation i get around 16 hours.

I usually just carry a lipstick charger with me for charging the elemnt & phone whilst at a stop if doing rides longer than that :smile:

Regarding dodgy routes, just remember it's only following a path it's been told - i find komoot set to road bike tends to send me on the roads i want to be on :smile:

Top Bottom