Wahoo Kicker rough shifting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roypw

Wahoo Kicker. Shifting to smaller cogs mainly in the middle gear range is very rough. Lots of slack causes the pedal to slam as it takes up the slack. I have adjusted many derailleurs on my bikes, family and friends with success. I have adjusted this one over and over. Set stops, adjusted B screw, cable is free and smooth. Before I took the wheels off the bike it shifted smooth riding outside, also with Shimano Ultegra 11-32 cassette. I have changed the chain, KMC top line chains. I did replace the 11-28 Sun 11-28 cassette that came on the Kicker with my spare Shimano Ultegra 11- 32 right after I got the Kicker. Only rode the Sun cassette briefly but as I recall it didn’t shift very smooth either.
I raised a support ticket with Wahoo, no help. Talked with bike shop where I bought the Kicker, again no help.
Anybody with similar problems? Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

CXRAndy

Guru
Post a video showing the problem.

If the cassette was correctly fitted and correct spacers for your frame, then its down to the bike setup

OP
OP
R

Roypw

Post a video showing the problem.

If the cassette was correctly fitted and correct spacers for your frame, then its down to the bike setup
I have checked with Wahoo support on the spacers, all ok. 130mm Shim is correct. I look at it this way, it shifted smooth with the wheel on riding outdoors. All components the same except the Kicker and it shifts rough.
I took the cassette off last night and checked that it it mounted correctly. It was a little loose so I took a couple extra clicks on the ring to be sure it is secure.
The cassette is the same Ultegra 11-32 but it us a brand new spare . I may take the one off the wheel and put it on the Kicker but I really don’t suspect there is something wrong with that spare cassette. Got me puzzled

Top Bottom