Wahoo problem.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fatjel

Veteran
I can’t seem to differentiate between the lines on the map and the line I’m following , old age and dodgy eyes most likely

MiK1138

Veteran
Have you dropped it at 20mph plus onto the road.
The best and indeed only way I’ve destroyed a garmin
Other than one having trouble finding a gps signal I have had 40000 + incident free Kms with garmin gps’s
I find its not the dropping at 20mph that kills it it is the line of traffic behind you that does the damage

The only two issues, not problems, I've had with my Elemnt, is that on night rides, it could do with an option to illuminate the screen momentarily when approaching a turn rather than have the light on permanently and run the battery down. All that happens at the moment is that the LED's flash red when I miss a turn.
Also, when I stop to check my route, the Autopause notification covers most of the map.

I've got the original Elemnt and tend to rely on the leds for turn notification at night; you can set what the leds do in the phone app, whether that's zones, turns, or other metric. Being able to set a lead before cue for screen illumination (and then off again) would be a fantastic feature though. Definitely send that one to Wahoo.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
F28C9D0D-CDAE-4121-87DC-259D1601A46D.png

That was quick :smile:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
With TCX files using the 30m notification, the screen lights up for a short duration. But in general, when I am doing longer Audax rides that start and finish in the dark, I use my head torch. I don't want to lose the power on the device by having the backlight on too long.

I have the Bolt and it gives you a pre warning beep before you get to the junction and then a beep at the junction along with the LED's showing you the way. Maybe its different with yours.

Bumpage, to save starting another Wahoo thread..

Yep, .GPX files, imported, will give the route, turns and red LED's if a wrong road is taken. No other details though.
.TCX files give pre-warnings, with countdown distance, and a beep.

On today's ride, I used an old route (GPX) and it worked OK. My mobile ran out of battery power and switched off. The Wahoo still guided me home, on the route, for over 25 miles.
I knew where I was today, but it's handy to know that it will still pick up the route from a dead mobile in case I'm away from my local roads :okay:

EDIT: As an experiment, I turned off data and wifi to see if it still 'worked'. Yep, all tracked fine.

Last edited:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Use your phone instead. Never had a problem, much much clearer screen and with my charging case I get about 7 hours battery life.
My old Garmin was good for double that, the Wahoo i now use is supposed to be even longer battery life, Sounds like you need an upgrade.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
THIIIISSSSS!!!!
The only two issues, not problems, I've had with my Elemnt, is that on night rides, it could do with an option to illuminate the screen momentarily when approaching a turn rather than have the light on permanently and run the battery down. All that happens at the moment is that the LED's flash red when I miss a turn.
Also, when I stop to check my route, the Autopause notification covers most of the map.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have an Elemnt which I'm very pleased with. Recently I've run up against two questions, not issues but things I'd like to resolve.

1. After syncing with RWGPS I have three routes which can be seen in the route list which are "STARRED" and if I sort by this selection will show up as well. These routes do not exist on my RWGPS account. I've tried logging in and out, cleaning out all the old routes on RWGPS which I don't need and re synced several times. It's a minor irriation but I'd like to get rid of them

2. When I sync with RWGPS the Elemnt shows it has synced and stored 84 routes - I only have 81 in my RWGPS account, see above. I had been under the impression that the Wahoo device only stored routes one chose to send to it by selecting them in the Wahoo app. I prefer only to have the route I'm riding on my device at anyone time. Ideally I want to select a single route in the app, send it to the Wahoo and then ride it!

LewisLondon

I have an Elemnt which I'm very pleased with. Recently I've run up against two questions, not issues but things I'd like to resolve.

1. After syncing with RWGPS I have three routes which can be seen in the route list which are "STARRED" and if I sort by this selection will show up as well. These routes do not exist on my RWGPS account. I've tried logging in and out, cleaning out all the old routes on RWGPS which I don't need and re synced several times. It's a minor irriation but I'd like to get rid of them

2. When I sync with RWGPS the Elemnt shows it has synced and stored 84 routes - I only have 81 in my RWGPS account, see above. I had been under the impression that the Wahoo device only stored routes one chose to send to it by selecting them in the Wahoo app. I prefer only to have the route I'm riding on my device at anyone time. Ideally I want to select a single route in the app, send it to the Wahoo and then ride it!
Re q1, have you starred them on Strava?

LewisLondon

G
Thanks. I had already checked Strava and deleted the three routes I had there. I'm going to turn off the link to Strava, sync and see what happens.
Given it's the same number, that is my guess! Check your starred routes on strava, not just your own routes?

Top Bottom