Wahoo/Strava issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattk50

MattK50
Hi,

Having a bad day with both I think. My wahoo only uploaded a couple of laps to strava i.e. 2 out of 10. So I deleted the ride in Strava to manually reupload which then didn't work as Wahoo said it was an incorrect password. So I reinstalled Strava on my phone and they still aren't talking to each other saying incorrect password even though I have reset it. More worryingly I then exported the ride from Wahoo to my desktop to input manually into Strava on my p.c. but it's still only showing two laps even though the header in the export file clearly is stating 12 miles. Any advice as pulling my hair out now!

Thanks

Matt

Sharky

Guru
I've never been tempted by strava. I've used a cycle computer for years to track milage. Current one is a garmin GPS. At the end of each year, I wipe out the rides and update my paper log book for the yearly milage.

Having worked with computers all my career, I know how quickly they become obsolete and don't expect them to still be here in 20 years time. (not that I expect to be here in 20 years time). So I will stick with paper records for the long term.

I do have an excel log of my TT rides going back 5 decades.

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
How do I update wahoo app? I daren't uninstall and reinstall because then I'd lose all my ride info wouldn't I?

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
It would be handy if you had all the wahoo rides online like Strava so you can uninstall/reinstall the app without fear of data loss.

vickster

Legendary Member
It would be handy if you had all the wahoo rides online like Strava so you can uninstall/reinstall the app without fear of data loss.
I thought I'd deleted - actually I have just looked at my Wahoo app, factory reset done, unit in post to new owner...and all my rides are still there in app(not that I ever really look at them there as I have Premium Strava) (they were cleared from unit though clearly)

I don't know what happens if you uninstall the app, maybe data would be lost, so maybe try unpairing and repairing the senors. And contact Wahoo by email

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
As in my other post. It's all over reddit. I may wait a while and do a reinstall of strava and hope they resolve it.

Top Bottom