Waiting list for a watch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Got a call today from a jewellers to say they have a watch in for me! :hyper:

Deposit paid. Will pick it up when I return from the a short break we have planned.

Don't pay it all off at once,get it on tick.

OP
OP
U

User33236

Spent this morning goong the right thing contacting all the retailers thst had be on their waiting list to let them know I was sorted.

This afternoon was spent working out the most efficient way to travel and pick it up.

Oh and my son, despite being an Omega fanboy, admits he approves of my choice :laugh:

Just get a cheaper one off the high street and spend your grands on something elce.
Good point. Get yourself off to decathlon OP for q good functional watch and enjoy the money for travel or something. I always think the age of bejewelled watches is dead. Now and again remember that it isn't when I hear about someone being robbed of one in the street.

If you have to put a battery in it, it is not a very good fake.
The best fakes are self winding.
My old neighbour was a master watch maker at the Rolex service centre in Kent. Fake watches would be sent back to their owner in a Jiffy bag, having been smashed with a lump hammer.
Kinda funny but also appalling. And isn't that illegal? Hardly due process is it? Does Rolex have a 007 prefix to its company number?

OP
OP
U

User33236

Good point. Get yourself off to decathlon OP for q good functional watch and enjoy the money for travel or something. I always think the age of bejewelled watches is dead. Now and again remember that it isn't when I hear about someone being robbed of one in the street.
My choice of watch isn’t what I’d called bejewelled and doesn’t impact my travel (off on a foreign break in the morning as one in winter break is always welcome)) or something.

I appreciate nice watches aren’t everyones cup of tea but then it would be an odd world if we were all the same,

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
U

User33236

Kinda funny but also appalling. And isn't that illegal? Hardly due process is it? Does Rolex have a 007 prefix to its company number?
Nope but 007 has used them. Now switched to Omega I believe.

Top Bottom