Waiting list for a watch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 5106026, member: 76"]When I started reading this thread the banner advert was for Canon Cameras. Now look............

View attachment 390206 [/QUOTE]
No bentley otherwise would have bought a couple lol!

OP
OP
U

User33236

[QUOTE 5106026, member: 76"]When I started reading this thread the banner advert was for Canon Cameras. Now look............

View attachment 390206 [/QUOTE]
Have you been viewing watches online? Adverts usually link to your recent web searches.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The fake Rolex I bought, from a street vendor in London about 20 years ago, is still going strong. Just had a few changes of battery in that time.
If you have to put a battery in it, it is not a very good fake.
The best fakes are self winding.
My old neighbour was a master watch maker at the Rolex service centre in Kent. Fake watches would be sent back to their owner in a Jiffy bag, having been smashed with a lump hammer.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I gave up on expensive watches some years ago but gave up on Rolex even sooner.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist (OCD) with such things and Rolex underwhelmed me tbh.

I purchased a Submariner and irritatingly the notched ring around the bezel was out of skew with the luminescent dot at the 12'o'clock on the bezel. To my mind either a peak or a trough on the notched ring should align with the centre top of the dot. Despite several attempts this proved impossible. To be fair to the dealer they didn't charge me for reinstating the ugly cyclops magnifying thingy that I'd had 'knocked off' prior to purchase.

Swapped to an Explorer 2 and this had a couple of date numbers that did not sit square in the little oblong aperture. Two new date rings later it still was not possible to have every date square within the aperture.

Gave up and switched to Breitling instead.

OP
OP
U

User33236

If you have to put a battery in it, it is not a very good fake.
The best fakes are self winding.
My old neighbour was a master watch maker at the Rolex service centre in Kent. Fake watches would be sent back to their owner in a Jiffy bag, having been smashed with a lump hammer.
My son tells me his local official Omega service centre ‘confiscates’ all fake watches they receive and send them to the crusher.

Mrs M

Guru
Mr M’s brother has a “funcy watch”
Cost £200 for a service :ohmy:
Don’t get it myself?

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5106675, member: 45"]I got one of these when they were reduced. It's been going for years. I appreciate the workmanship enough to spend the difference on a car, or a couple of bikes, or an extension...[/QUOTE]
What sort of extension?! :whistle:

OP
OP
U

User33236

My son has been having a dig that he’s already got his dream watch, an Omega Speedmaster moon watch.. I did point out though th it must be terribly disappointing knowing that anywho wants to can simply walk in off the street and but one :laugh:

Top Bottom