Waitrose promoting cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Freds Dad

Veteran
I usually pop into Waitrose in either Alderley Edge or Knutsford for my "free" coffee which of course I have to buy a pastry to go with it, usually a Cherry lattice.

I then take a seat and watch the orange people driving their expensive cars before getting their "free" coffee. I find the staff in Waitrose very pleasant and the general ambience is very nice.

If I could afford to do a big shop their I would but until then its back to Aldi.

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I usually pop into Waitrose in either Alderley Edge or Knutsford for my "free" coffee which of course I have to buy a pastry to go with it, usually a Cherry lattice.

I then take a seat and watch the orange people driving their expensive cars before getting their "free" coffee. I find the staff in Waitrose very pleasant and the general ambience is very nice.

If I could afford to do a big shop their I would but until then its back to Aldi.
I like the ambience too, there's something relaxing about it compared to Asda or Tesco

If you are a regular baker, consider going straight to a miller and getting the large sacks, you save a fortune! My fav = https://www.dovesfarm.co.uk

Thanks xxx I'm still working my way through a 10kg sack of atta flour that I picked up for £1.40 in Tesco LOL... Makes a very nice german-style dark loaf when mixed with rye :hungry:

I'm only baking for me and for the parental unit, so I don't turn out big volumes of bread.

Do like the Bacheldre Mill rye that Waitrose does. Plus my local Co-op stocks Marriage's flour.

Gixxerman

Guru
They have offered free park and ride / park and cycle in Lincoln. The latter I have been badgering the local council for years to implement, but have always been told that it is "too difficult to implement". It took Waitrose and BIG only about 3 months to get it up and running. Conclusion Waitrose are far better than Lincoln city council.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
There is a Waitrose near a really good kids park about 7 miles from here. Me and mini-KB now have a pleasant routine, cycle to the park with trailer in tow, play for a bit, pop down to Waitrose to buy a sandwich and cake (brilliant spacious cycle parking), then a bit more play and then home.

Afternoon out for less than £3.

My observation is Waitrose is full of jolly nice staff and jolly nice shoppers who have god-awful taste in cars.

Top Bottom