Walk Assist - any use??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
E
I have had a few more goes with it

I must have been having a thick moment - I have only just realised that the drive goes through the gears and hence it has more grunt when in first gear but only reaches a very slow speed
In 7th gear it has naff all grunt but reaches about 5 mph as long as you don;t ask it to go up even the slightest hill!
dunno why it is done like that - it could easily just give some power and look at the speed??

I have also noticed that the power delivery (such as it is) is not smooth - it tends to move the bike forward then stop then start then stop

all in all quite irritating!

it was far better on my old pre-2016 ebike with its legal throttle! However, you did have to be careful as it had full power available and could fly off!

Biker man

I have had a few more goes with it

I must have been having a thick moment - I have only just realised that the drive goes through the gears and hence it has more grunt when in first gear but only reaches a very slow speed
In 7th gear it has naff all grunt but reaches about 5 mph as long as you don;t ask it to go up even the slightest hill!
dunno why it is done like that - it could easily just give some power and look at the speed??

I have also noticed that the power delivery (such as it is) is not smooth - it tends to move the bike forward then stop then start then stop

all in all quite irritating!

it was far better on my old pre-2016 ebike with its legal throttle! However, you did have to be careful as it had full power available and could fly off!
The walk assist is a devil to use I have to press hard then it does not always respond.

I find walk assist easy to use on the flat, but on the flat you don't need it, on a 1 in 6 hill I can't walk at 4 MPH, so want the walk assist to be really slow, my bike still has a throttle, but useless with walk assist, end up with bike charging off without you, wife's bike is mid motor where mine is on rear hub, but hers is fixed frame where mine folds, so with mine the peddles also fold, with hers the peddles end up hitting ones shins as it goes either too fast or too slow, so in both cases theory is OK, but in practice does not work, I end up carrying my bike up the steps at side of house rather than use walk assist around back of house as just to hard to use. Or I fit the bike rack on car and take bikes on that.

Top Bottom