Walking with your hands behind your back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No I don't.

Does it help counterbalance the old age forward stoop?
Yes i read this while looking through a book in the Works. Apparently the correct way is one arm behind the back bent at about 90 degrees

Sandra6

Veteran
There are a couple of schools that are introducing this as a means of keeping the children from running and shoving each other.
It seems quite an odd thing to do to me, but I have a tendency of tripping over my own shadow so I need my hands ready to stop the fall.

Only when I'm meeting members of the general public. It deters them from trying to shake hands with me.
You are Prince Philip and ICMFP.

efbcdd79440d20792f2263b969b6ee55--elisabetta-ii-queen-elizabeth-ii.jpg

Though my first thought was Mr Chips, and google turned this up. I didn't even know Martin Clunes had played Mr Chips
MV5BMTczNzQxODI5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDA2MzkyMQ@@._V1_UY268_CR2,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I have recently discovered the sense of peace and tranquility afforded by the gentle unhurried stroll, I find the experience is greatly enhanced by folding the hands behind the back. I don't do it very often but I highly reccomend the occasional surrender to old age.

potsy

Rambler
I too have recently noticed that my hands naturally find themselves behind my back, either whilst walking or standing, mmm maybe I am now an old git like Accy? :unsure:

Top Bottom