Walking your dog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Depends

If you have the lead tied to the handlebars, like my brother did, then I think it's called "Broken Collar Bone Waiting To Happen" :tongue:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Draggies?

BxU62Zy.jpg

NickNick

"Riding with the dog"

I ride quite a lot with one of our two, they're both the same age, but the staffieXenglishbullXrottweiller (Moog) doesn't have the legs for it anymore, he just likes to pootle around at a slow pace. The staffieXpekingeseXamericanstaffie (Trip she's a very odd mix but that's birmingham dogs' home for you!) however still absolutely loves to run for hours on end! Cycling proved to be a really useful training tool for draining the energy out of her when she was 12mnths old bouncing off the walls and its really good fun.

I do miss being able to go out with both of them at the same time! I'll either take trip out by herself on the bike of if the four of us are going out together I'll often bring the bike along and my other half will keep an eye on the old lad whose priority is sniffing & pissing on all perimeters and tall things, whilst I zoom around with Trip.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
On my parkrun there are some regular dog runners.
The beagle is a good little runner being a hunting dog but the Dalmatian is amazing. It just cruises along without breaking a sweat and looks so smooth. They were bread to run along carriages for miles on end.
The little terriers seem to flag after a while.

Top Bottom