Walliams and Lucas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I agree with Potsy and tt, this episode of Benidorm was a show too far. I don't think I laughed once during the hour and a bit it was on. The last two series was actually quite funny in a cringe worthy Brits abroad way. I may watch the new series when it starts in the new year to see if it improves on this dross.

OP
OP
MossCommuter
put yer telly on

NOW

2010 Unwrapped (with Miranda Hart).

FaF

mangaman

There is something of 'the Emperor's New Clothes' about 'comedy' from established acts. Perhaps nobody has the bottle at the production stage to say it really is not very funny or maybe vast sums are paid up front and management just cannot admit the cash has not produced the goods.

Normally their decline starts when they are offered a zillion to change channels (the curse of ITV) but on this occasion no such excuses.

I agree about a lot of acts but definitely not The Royal Family.

This year's one was the only show I enjoyed all Xmas.

They go for no gimmicks/ no-one dressed as Batman and Robin / no fancy outside broadcasts / no celebrity appearances - just a bunch of people sitting around talking and being funny.

I hate little Britain, it was ok at first and then just went for shock humour and to see how descusting it could get.

I watched the airport thing with the wife and found it amusing in a 'yeh, I'll watch that for half an hour' kind of way.

It's not the kind of thing I'd set the recorder for if I was going to be out, but if at home with some time to kill I'd watch another episode.

just jim

Not everyone got Little Britian after it migrated from the radio to tellyland; it took a while, then it went on to have a huge profile and following, so it's going to be a tough act to follow.

BearPear

Veteran
didn't like this or the Royle Family. I did laugh a lot earlier in the week, however, when my son & I watched Eddie Izzard!

My son (18) shares my sense of humour, but he has Royle Family & Only Fools in common with his dad (you can't have everything!)

Top Bottom