Walliams and Lucas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Ronnie Corbett (ok he might not have written it ) does a brill sketch .My blackberry is not working .Just like Four candles .Superb .

Then joined by said comedians and does a sketch where a bloke is in a rubber female suit very overweight and she strips off .Bollock naked.Humour to shock .I don't think these two will have a tribute show at 80 .

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I never watched it, then again those 2 get right on my t1ts. That repetitive type of humour of Little Britain was done years before in The Fast Show. The Fast Show was way better, even though I soon got bored of it. The last series of Shooting Stars was way better without Lucas in it, apparently he refused to do it. Angelos Epithemiou was way funnier than the tired George Doors character, not having Lucas seemed to give the show a new lease of life. I just cannot understand why these 2 are so popular.

taxing

Awful. It might have made sense if it was on about 5 years ago, when Airport was still being shown.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Moses Beacon holding up the "dog is dead" sign outside the plane window was funny, so there.

Sorry, you can't polish a turd I'm afraid.

I never watched it, then again those 2 get right on my t1ts. That repetitive type of humour of Little Britain was done years before in The Fast Show.

I had to spend a week with a guy once who did an Andy impression at quite a few things. Honestly, if I had had t*ts, then that would have got on them after about the 3rd time of hearing him.

I just cannot understand why these 2 are so popular.

It is like most things that are hugely popular - I just cannot understand what the enormous attraction is and I tend to be deeply suspicious of wildly popular things like this as a result. Its as if everyone has been brainwashed!

ELL

Über Member
I watched it and thought it was very entertaining. I loved LB and will keep watching this. was so much better than the 1 Ronnie

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
In general I find that many supposed comedy shows that need three weeks of trailers on TV and the writers/actors having to do the rounds on various chat shows means that the programme will be a pile of poo. I started to watch and gave up after 15 minutes and turned off. Maybe Walliams and lucas have emptied their creative tank and should go back to whatever they did before Little Britain.

yello

I find most of the new comedians utter shite tbh

Inclined to agree. And some of the now not so new too.

It's probably always been the way but I think a lot are formulaic (and maybe the formula changes over the years). Too much reliance on face pulling and postures... to pad out the act and hide the fact that they don't actually have that much material. It's probably learned in comedy school and is called 'working the audience' or somesuch.

I think a test of a comedian (imho anyway) is how they perform unscripted. It often amused me how, on show like 'Never mind the Buzzcocks', 'Not the 9pm news', etc, ordinary folk could be funnier than comedians.

There is something of 'the Emperor's New Clothes' about 'comedy' from established acts. Perhaps nobody has the bottle at the production stage to say it really is not very funny or maybe vast sums are paid up front and management just cannot admit the cash has not produced the goods.

Normally their decline starts when they are offered a zillion to change channels (the curse of ITV) but on this occasion no such excuses.

OP
OP
MossCommuter
'the Emperor's New Clothes'

That was going to be the title of my post because I assumed I would be one of a minority...

...following Twitter trends confirmed that but the consensus on here seems to be my way.

Maybe we cyclists have a shared sense of humour.

Oh, and by the way - Royle Family was pure genius!!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I watched this too, glad to hear others thought it was a pile of crap. Was disspointed the most with the lazy racist stereotypes...what an unfunny load of tosh!

Top Bottom