wannabe punk rockers grrrrrrr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
Ok, I'm only ranting about one wannabe punk in particular, and he happens to be upstairs murdering his guitar in protest at my insistence that he is not going to band practice today because he is picking up his sisters after school.
Every week on a tuesday he has to collect them. Every week on monday I remind him and every week he says"jeez, you could've told me"
I texted him the reminder last night, this morning he walks in and announces he's off out, and can I give him some money.
Cue holy row about how unfair it is and how important this practice and me yelling back that if he doesnt pick his sisters up he can bog off now and not bother coming back.
I wouldn't mind if they were actually ever going to go anywhere with this band, but they don't want to make a living at it because that would be selling out!!!
The youth of today!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Seems all very measured and reasonable especially the 'selling out', can't see what your problem is - chill dude.

green1

Über Member
He's banging round the kitchen complaining about not having sauce for his pasta - how very rock and roll!
That's okay. The point when you have to step in and give him a slap is when he thinks about starting to peddle Utterly Buttery or any other such nonsense. :whistle:

Linford

I've just paid an artist £250 to do a selection of line drawings for a series of products I make after repeatedly asking my (always claiming to be skint) youngest for months to do them ...this is the one who is also starting a degree in fine art in september :rolleyes:

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Having been a punk rocker for most of my life I can only suggest that your son may be missing the point of it all :smile:

True punks (especially anarcho-sorts) are the nicest, most open and selfless people on earth. Punks who think it's all about getting agitated and freaking out 'the man' are silly.

On the other hand schellping around the punk circuit sleeping on on friend's floors is a darned fine thing to do with ones time. I did it for years and look at me now!*

*not too closely though...

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
He's banging round the kitchen complaining about not having sauce for his pasta - how very rock and roll!

Give him some small bread to dip in the sauce!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB1B1TIR0_E

Sara_H

Guru
Ok, I'm only ranting about one wannabe punk in particular, and he happens to be upstairs murdering his guitar in protest at my insistence that he is not going to band practice today because he is picking up his sisters after school.
Every week on a tuesday he has to collect them. Every week on monday I remind him and every week he says"jeez, you could've told me"
I texted him the reminder last night, this morning he walks in and announces he's off out, and can I give him some money.
Cue holy row about how unfair it is and how important this practice and me yelling back that if he doesnt pick his sisters up he can bog off now and not bother coming back.
I wouldn't mind if they were actually ever going to go anywhere with this band, but they don't want to make a living at it because that would be selling out!!!
The youth of today!
Is he a teenager by chance? I have three of them (stepsons) and they baffle me daily. Best not to try to understand, just go with the flow!

Sara_H

Guru
We found out our trumpet player had never seen this film, and because it's against the laws of nature to be in a band without being able to quote at least 76% of the dialogue we had to have an intervention.
Oh. Two of my stepsons are in a band, I must arrange a viewing. Don't want to cause more teenager style ridiculousness though. If they start telling me my olives are a complete catastrophe, I'll throw a spatula at them.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Oh. Two of my stepsons are in a band, I must arrange a viewing. Don't want to cause more teenager style ridiculousness though. If they start telling me my olives are a complete catastrophe, I'll throw a spatula at them.

Spinal Tap, and to a lesser extent 'Bad News' are essential viewing, I'm surprised they don't form part of the National Curriculum music requirement.

kedab

Veteran
We found out our trumpet player had never seen this film, and because it's against the laws of nature to be in a band without being able to quote at least 76% of the dialogue we had to have an intervention.

that is odd! it was part of the routine in my yoot. i lost count of the number of times me and my group of friends watched it. perhaps 2nd only to Withnail and I, it was a post-club staple...along with fish finger sandwiches, which i invented by the way :whistle:

Top Bottom