Wanstead Flats - proposed cycle track

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
This plan is utterly barking. Where do we register our opposition to it?

bazzadigz C+

i live by leytonstone fire station and although the theory is ok, in practice its pointless!!!

i mean unless ur using a racer to head across the field then its easy enough to cross the flats on a bike! and if ur stupid enough to do it at night then some tarmac and lighting is not really going to save you from the hoodies!

I head from my house to go Ilford some days and would prefer that route too a tarmac'd road any day!

yeah the Bell is pretty much the only decent pub left on Leytonstone high road..Licolns (formally Big Hand Mo's) is not somewhere i'ld like to spend my days, Zulus (formally Red Lion) is ok but full of folks from the southern hemisphere, Kirkdales is ok but closes too early, Sheepwalk dead as a door nail most nights, Walnut is usually 4 deep at the bar and o'neils dance floor is always covered in glass and smells of sweat!

bazzadigz C+

peanut said:
heres a nice map of Epping forest
http://www.eppingforest.co.uk/eppfor.html
My family come from Chingford and I was schooled at Ongar so I spent a lot of time cycling in Epping and Hainault forests and the Wanstead flats as a kid and know them well
Epping forest is nowhere near Wanstead flats these days although it may have been joined in the Mediaeval times xx(

sorry im with Spin on this one :biggrin:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I was brought up down the road from the flats and spent more than enough time cycling, playing football and generally messing around over there. I can't see the reason for a cycle path, there is simply no need.

Top Bottom