wanted - arione saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Anyone have one they didn't get on with? I'm interested!

Night have one like this kicking around

upload_2016-11-16_18-18-20.png

gareth01244

Über Member
I have a white Fizik saddle sat spare, pretty sure its an arione, will check later to confirm the model if you are interested ?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks guys but I should have specified 'black' arione saddle.
Well, in that case ... as a matter of interest, @Andrew_P - how much would you want for that red and white one?

I have broken 2 Ariones in the past*** so I said that I wouldn't buy another one, but I do like them so if it were cheap enough then I might be tempted.

*** They both broke the same way - Wingflex flexing led to cracks across the width of each saddle which eventually joined up. I have just looked at some reviews on CRC and a couple of reviewers'd had the same problem.

I reckon I got well over 10,000 miles per saddle. If they were cheaper then the eventual breakages wouldn't have bothered me so much.

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Bingo!

I have an unused take-off from my GT Grade sat waiting for me to pull my finger out and sell it. It is the Black Aliante, not the Arione but it is yours (or anyone else on cyclechat) for £35 posted. And did I mention it is BLACK, all BLACK, as shown on this site - http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/fizik-aliante-r7-manganese-black-489022

To the best of my knowledge, never even sat on unless the wiggle mechanics threw a leg over her during the pre-delivery checks.

PM me if interested.

EDIT: I only removed it because I have a thing for Spoons and there was a black & green one that complements the colours of my GT quite well :whistle:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Well, in that case ... as a matter of interest, @Andrew_P - how much would you want for that red and white one?

I have broken 2 Ariones in the past*** so I said that I wouldn't buy another one, but I do like them so if it were cheap enough then I might be tempted.

*** They both broke the same way - Wingflex flexing led to cracks across the width of each saddle which eventually joined up. I have just looked at some reviews on CRC and a couple of reviewers'd had the same problem.

I reckon I got well over 10,000 miles per saddle. If they were cheaper then the eventual breakages wouldn't have bothered me so much.
My Arione broke like that. I have been using the Planet X clone aka the Lovatt for a couple of years.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My Arione broke like that. I have been using the Planet X clone aka the Lovatt for a couple of years.
I have a couple of Planet X's now. I find them almost as good as the Arione and certainly better value for money, but if I could get an Arione cheap enough then I would put up with it breaking 10,000 miles down the line.

If anyone else still wants one:
I have a black Arione R5 going spare. Black/Anthracite. Bought in April, used for about 100 miles. Doesn't seem to fit my bottom at all.
£45 posted. Can take pictures if anyone is interested.

Andrew_P

In between here and there

£25 plus postage? Ridden it maybe 3 times came with my Cannondale a few years back. Will have to find it though!

Top Bottom