1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wanted: cheap rip off jersey's

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by buggi, 11 Mar 2008.

1. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

we've got a bit of a commuting competition going on at work (based on a pish take of the Tour de France rules) and i need to get hold of some 2008 replica jerseys (yellow, green and polka dot).

they are to put over the back of winners chairs for each "stage" (for Stage read Month). thing is, i'm paying for them and i don't want to spend £40-50 for each jersey, so basically i'm looking for some rip off copies (the kind that are made in thailand).

the other idea i had was, you know those miniature replica football kits people hang in their car windows. do they do those for Tour de France?

the best alternative i've come up with so far is these...

http://boutique.letour.fr/en_nv_fiche__Petit-Coeur-fait-du-Velo-Teddy-Bear-173078.html

anyone got any other ideas, or know where i can get some rip off jerseys.

2. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Yellow and green T shirts should be cheap, if not quite authentic, and a white one with red ink likewise.

3. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Just had a thought, maybe Arch could knit you some replicas!

4. Maz

Maz Guru

i doubt they do them for TdF, but you could probably modify footy ones for your needs.

5. walker

walker New Member

I know Geffrey Butler did some on the cheap

6. k-dog

k-dog New Member

There's a green jersey in my local TK Maxx - real Nike replica one. Think it's about £15. Size M and looks pretty small.

7. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Arch would love to, but Arch gets very bored knitting anything she can't finish in an evening or two!

8. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

Cheap white t-shirts and a couple of pots of die. Then a nice bit of tie-dyeing on a red t-shirt for the KoM?

9. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

Doh! I thought buggi wanted jerseys she could rip off quickly. ;)

10. Noodley

Noodley Guest

11. OP
    OP
    buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

That's what i meant Patrick... it's all the others that have got it wrong :angry: