Wanted: Chip shop style curry sauce recipes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
My local Chinese takeaway has been shut for nearly two years now and no other local chippy or takeaway does a curry sauce anywhere near as good as Gary's. I've not idea how to make a chippy style curry sauce but in the absence of a local takeaway to purchase one from... I'm gonna have to learn.

Anyone make their own chippy style curry sauce? ...preferably of the greeny-beige variety rather than the red stuff that the other local takeaways sell (its a tad too sweet and not quite spicy enough).

cheers :smile:

Adam4868

Guru
Youll get the cheap packet stuff,full of e numbers and the like from B and M,Home Bargains or.any chinese food shop.Just add water and hey presto !

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Youll get the cheap packet stuff,full of e numbers and the like from B and M,Home Bargains or.any chinese food shop.Just add water and hey presto !
I've been looking for something like that, can't seem to find any though. We do have a handful of Chinese supermarkets... but it's hard knowing what's what without a basic understanding of Chinese. They do do some excellent instant noodles, no idea what flavours I'm buying but blimey they're good.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
My local Chinese takeaway has been shut for nearly two years now and no other local chippy or takeaway does a curry sauce anywhere near as good as Gary's. I've not idea how to make a chippy style curry sauce but in the absence of a local takeaway to purchase one from... I'm gonna have to learn.

Anyone make their own chippy style curry sauce? ...preferably of the greeny-beige variety rather than the red stuff that the other local takeaways sell (its a tad too sweet and not quite spicy enough).

cheers :smile:
I noticed some in Iceland last week: http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/iceland-chip-shop-curry-sauce-500g/p/56860

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwd_QeDZmnohD_rtAKRh7YXMKDO5gBcLBRn4-PlggCU64WvVhgZmi7yV1bIOpOzTWzb1-FE3gr&usqp=CAc.jpg
?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDHOHGV5Cn8sx8pR29gAIHJh0Nsdy-vZ0sOXdyHj-BfBz7irhBTSsL1lHObMLVow4WSfi9F-2i&usqp=CAc.jpg

sight-pin

Veteran
The 'Goldfish' brand isn't bad, the Chinese shops seem to sell the same brand around here as well as Tesco's
Edit: Very simple to use, just a couple desert spoons in a small amount of boiling water in a pot and stir until it thickens.

Adam4868

Guru
IMG_20171121_175435.jpg

This is quite good,anything out of a box,I'm not keen on jars.Im a bit of a chippy curry conneseur !

TVC

These are available in most supermarkets, make a very good curry.

S&B_Golden_Curry.jpg

I've also used this from a Chinese supermarket, they are avallable up to catering size, so somebody is using it in their takeaway shop.

$_3.jpeg

Top Bottom