Wanton damage and vandalism

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
This is what is left of Stanwick Lakes play park this morning.
Photos courtesy of Raunds Fire Service.

Words fail me.
Just as people can start getting out and about a bit more and give the kiddies some fun.

😡

(It's actually on The Greenway, for those who know it, where A J Cycles has a bike hire hut)

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
"They were only having a bit of fun."

It'll probably never be replaced either. Hope they get caught.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

My grandkids love it there and I was planning to use The Greenway from Irthlingborough as a day out in the next Half Term or summer holidays as a proper day out with bikes & bbq. I'm not sure if it will be possible to rebuild it by then..

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Sadly Pete I don't share your optimism. Quite likely theyll simply put their hoods up, and may even be masked up too at the moment. Can't see their faces, no prospect of an identification that complies with PACE code D, no chance of a conviction.
I hope you're wrong, but I fear you are correct 😔

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Below are photos of the shelter in the local park,taken yesterday. As you can see,the plaque says it was rebuilt in 2007. It was rebuilt after some moron burnt the then wooden roof down and days later went back to demolish parts of the brickwork. His sentence was a few days labouring for the builders who rebuilt the shelter. According to reports at the time,his dad said 'he was only having a bit of fun and he didn't think it was that bad a crime because the shelter was old and not used'.

1618100069713.png

1618100089158.png

As you look at the shelter,the left side of it housed budgies,canaries and finches in a small aviary, in the 1960's/70's. One night some scumbag decided to pour a gallon of petrol through the chicken wire and torch the birds to death.:sad: He was reportedly tracked down by locals and beaten to a pulp! Those locals were never prosecuted as not a single person who knew of them agreed to give evidence against them.👍

Last edited:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
There's so much anti-social behaviour at the minute. Someone - probably the same group of kids who kicked in panels on my neighbour's van - poured bleach on the equipment in the children's playground the other day.

I'm told that they have also smashed up the eggs from the mallards at the pond & killed ducklings. I'm just off to the pond to do a monthly survey. I won't be surprised to find few birds there.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

I don't know if there's more, or the same amount, of this mindless vandalism, or if it's just reported more easily via Facebook etc.

Lord knows I was a bit of a pain in the ass when I was a kid, but I would never stooped as low as to these sorts of things!

I can understand if some of the 'hard of thinking' light a fire 'for fun' and it gets out of control - because they are idiots.

but a lot of the stuff above - and stuff I see around here - is deliberate. I used to be a teacher and there were some kids that just didn't care, their only parameters were "I can do what I like" and "I don't care!"

Some of them just needed to grow up - they had minimal maturity and no concept that other people's feelings and thoughts were in any way relevant. Some of them were different people by the time they left school.

Some others stayed the same - I would not be surprised to see them on the 10 o'clock news or a serial killer documentary! I think the correct word is psychopath.

In all cases they seriously needed to be caught and punished - either to keep them off the streets or just to make them realise they were not invulnerable - because a lot of them were of the opinion that no-one could touch them - either physically or in any other way. If/when the cops demonstrated otherwise it was a wake up call to some.

Top Bottom