warm cycling cap for baldybloke?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Now I've given up h*****s my little stretch under-h****t cap no longer does the job. What I'd really like is a cross between a woolly hat and a cycling hat - with a peak to keep the rain of my specs and the oncoming lights out of my eyes.

Any ideas?

Norm

Dell-boy, try a chandlers or dinghy sailing shop. Those afloat have similar issues and a yachtie shop should offer many alternatives.

A quick Google turned up a couple from an Angling shop. Somewhere like Decathalon, if you have a local, might have an alternative.

iLB

Hello there
how about this?

paps_makethumb.php

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
try a buff with peak, if it's really pelting it down then stick a normal buff on top and never get cold. buffs last for at least a decade, take up no room, dry easy and don't smell if repeat use between washes is needed. cheap as well

longers

Legendary Member
Buff over cycling cap works for me. The colour co-ordination and combinations are as endless as your supply of buffs/cycling caps.

The Decathlon hat in Norms link looks like what I keep thinking of buying but I can't face spending money when the b + cc thing works so well.

Norm

I knew that I'd find the one I have if I looked hard enough.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Berghaus Paclite cap. Goretex shell, wired peak, fleece lined and little flappy bits to come down over the ears. ;)

The score out of 10:
Class: 0 points
Style: 0 points
Warm and dry: 10 points

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Norm said:
Dell-boy, try a chandlers or dinghy sailing shop. Those afloat have similar issues and a yachtie shop should offer many alternatives.

A quick Google turned up a couple from an Angling shop. Somewhere like Decathalon, if you have a local, might have an alternative.
the Decathlon one looks really good, and there's a branch not far from me! Excellent! Thankyou one and all!

U

User169

The Rapha one is OK.

http://www.rapha.cc/winter-hat

Origamist

Legendary Member
Dell, I have the Rapha Cap which you're welcome to inspect/try on at the next FNRttC.

I find I only need it on the coldest days/nights as it's very warm.

It will complement your recent Carradice purchase very nicely.

4077271743_9d0c2352b3_o.jpg

ASC1951

Guru
dellzeqq said:
the Decathlon one looks really good, and there's a branch not far from me! Excellent! Thankyou one and all!
Why do Decathlon say "designed for wearing by the sea in order to protect your head from the cold". Does it smell of limpets or something? How does it know where you are wearing it?

Norm

ASC1951 said:
Why do Decathlon say "designed for wearing by the sea in order to protect your head from the cold". Does it smell of limpets or something? How does it know where you are wearing it?
Because it is O'Neill surf wear. ;)

Top Bottom