Warning: Rant content

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
[positive vibes] After this, you'll have a great time. Things can only get better. [/positive vibes]

oh well here I am in France. Let's just say the last 5 days have been some of the worst days I can remember... mostly due to the incompetent monkeys who answer the phone at endsleigh insurance. This is how is goes, a total of 4 hrs on the phone at 50p per minute (most calls made on chair lifts or mountain restaurants!!)

monkey no 1: we can't help you unless the car is in the UK (despite european cover)
monkey no 2: oh yes we do have a process come to think of it, we get an agent to help you, but you need to register a claim first
monkey no 3: ok i've registered your claim, but we can't help you until you're back in the uk
monkey no 4: what claim? oh yes, here it is. what were the details again? you're where in germany? an agent? really? i'll put you in hold for 5 minutes while I check with my organ grinder what the situation is.
monkeys no 5 - 7: i'll put you on hold for 5 minutes and then cut you off
monkey no 8: your car is a write off, tough shoot. you'll have to pay your own way home, which will cost you £1000, while your car sits there for weeks waiting for our agent to get to it. it's only a write off because of the costs involved in repatriating it. in the meantime you'll still be paying finance on your car, and you'll have to wait about a year for the compensation, which doesn't cover the outstanding balance of the finance anyway.

[kirstie and mr kirstie get very mad at this point and finally get in touch with the organ grinder rather than the monkeys]

organ grinder: if you can get the car home, then we won't write it off. what's more we'll repair it straight away, and give you a courtesy car until it's done.

WELL THANK **** FOR THAT

So the front of our car is now held together with ratchet straps, zip ties and inner tubes, and we can have our holiday. My friend is driving us to sutherland.

By the way, the trails are great here. You should try it sometime.

HERE'S TO INGENUITY AND CO-OPERATION CONQUERING CORPORATE SOCIOPATHS :biggrin::evil:xx( YOU'VE REALLY GOT TO ARGUE WITH THE SPINELESS BASTARDS

VIVE LA RESISTANCE!!!!!!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Kirstie said:
So the front of our car is now held together with ratchet straps, zip ties and inner tubes,

Just how a car should be...:biggrin:

Glad to hear you've got some sort of result!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Kirstie - sorry I've only just seen this thread. That sucks big time. Glad Donna can take her car though...

Enjoy the rest of your time!

wai

So - to get anything done - ask to speak to the manager?

Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose...

papercorn2000

Babelfish? Shmabelfish!

Try "Right Pierre, gettez vous le feckin bleu voiture repaired, et pronto! Don't you plonk swigging, cheese munching, frog nibbling peasants remember 1944? If it weren't for my Grandad, vous lot would still be cheerfully collaborating avec le Boches!"

Top Bottom