[Warning - 'wendyball' thread] Will Tevez ever play again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mangaman

The football at West Ham is so depressing, I'd actually give up a fair few league places just to see us play some nicer stuff.

I haven't seen any Hammers games this year.

Has Sam reverted to type and returned to 1980s Graham Taylor type football?

U

User482

I haven't seen any Hammers games this year.

Has Sam reverted to type and returned to 1980s Graham Taylor type football?
Oh yes. Punt the ball up to Carlton Cole, start running down the channels from the 70th minute onwards, stand on the goalkeeper's foot for corners, etc, etc.

The sad thing is that it's all completely unnecessary - Swansea and Norwich showed you can play good football in the championship, and be successful.

ASC1951

Guru
Don't be too sure, we have only heard the prosecution case so far.

The England job will probably be out the window whatever the verdict, even on a not guilty 'Arry will come out looking like an Arthur Daily clone and the FA ain't gonna touch that.
Depends how many others there are to pick from. Terry Venables was convicted in 1998 of financial 'irregularities' and the allegations were widespread even at the time he was appointed as England Manager in 1994. Then he managed Spurs and Portsmouth - spooky!

If you don't like football, please read no further. This thread is not for you.

This morning, I was reading about the continuing saga of Carlos Tevez. It crossed my mind that nobody would ever sign him, he'd never play again maybe.

The guy (or just as likely, his advisor) seems to create too many difficulties for clubs.

Thoughts?

I'd say he has a fair chance of playing again, look at Anelka for a 'problem' player who has never seemed to have a lack of a club/offer to go to. And thats not taking into account the 'new' money being spent by Russian, Chinese and Indian leagues on players - they'd kill for him I bet.

But it won't for a 'big' European club. One of the South American clubs may take a punt on him but he's too young for the US. So its either swallow your pride and go for a smaller club/wage OR its off to the new world in Russia/China/India.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
He wanted to be nearer his children in Argentina so he fancied a move to Italy. He failed his GCSE Geography I believe.

soulful dog

Veteran
It didn't stop Man City signing him did it? I thought he was a dodgy signing then (didn't realise just how dodgy though!), but Man City and their fans didn't seem to think so...... some other club and some other set of fans will welcome him with open arms again, nothing surer. As rich p says, it's more about who is willing to match Man City's valuation & pay Tevez the kind of money he wants too.

He's a whole different animal than Ballotelli and Barton who are just nasty pieces of work.
I think that's extremely harsh on Balotelli. He's a daft young man with a bit of an iffy temperament, nothing like Barton.

mangaman

I think that's extremely harsh on Balotelli. He's a daft young man with a bit of an iffy temperament, nothing like Barton.

Possibly true soulful dog - although he (Balotelli) has done nothing to persuade me isn't nasty yet ; throwing a dart at a youth team player / stamping on Scott Parker may just be youthful high jinks.

Hopefully he'll grow out of them, he's only 21 so you're right - I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now.

Barton stubbing a cigar out in a youth team player's eye, for example, is a whole lot worse and he's never changed in his 29 years, despite his embarrassingly pseudo-philosophical tweets.

Doseone

Guru
who we've (QPR) just signed Taiwo from. Thanks to the Home Office refusing a work permit nobody in England will now see the young starlet from Sao Paulo, Henrique, and thanks to Alex believing he's too big for us also letting us down, along with Harry Redknapp keeping the likes of Pienarr and Krancjar on the bench for the rest of the season to play another 20 minutes each between now and May, it doen't look like we'll be signing anybody else.

:dance: Another R on the board.

I was really hoping Taiwo would play tomorrow. Don't give up on Henrique just yet. If not this window, maybe next. Alex - well I think it was plain he never really wanted to come and just wanted too much money, so stuff him and let him go to PSG. TBH with Taiwo and Onuoha in I think our defence is looking pretty good now and the focus should be on getting a new striker in. I'm optimistic there's business still to be done before the window closes.

Here's hoping we can beat Chelsea tomorrow. Think this one might be a bit lively. Da da da da HOOPS!

ps Sorry for the hijack Yello......and good win for the Foxes against Southampton, bet you enjoyed that:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Y

yello

ps Sorry for the hijack Yello......and good win for the Foxes against Southampton, bet you enjoyed that:thumbsup:

Oh I did! I watched it live (on t'internet) so it was even more of a pleasure. They played well too, imho. But they'll probably get dicked tomorrow by Swindon and it'll be business as usual again. I don't think Pearson's got enough time to get the team playing consistently enough to get themselves in the play offs... though obviously I'd love to be wrong.

But I'm a little concerned that you know which team I follow! Did I mention it on this thread? Or have I got a stalker :laugh:

But will Ferdinand do a Bridge and refuse to shake hands? I'd love it to happen... but only because I think Terry is a bit of a ****.

:dance: Another R on the board.

I was really hoping Taiwo would play tomorrow. Don't give up on Henrique just yet. If not this window, maybe next. Alex - well I think it was plain he never really wanted to come and just wanted too much money, so stuff him and let him go to PSG. TBH with Taiwo and Onuoha in I think our defence is looking pretty good now and the focus should be on getting a new striker in. I'm optimistic there's business still to be done before the window closes.

Here's hoping we can beat Chelsea tomorrow. Think this one might be a bit lively. Da da da da HOOPS!

Good man, have heard that it's not quite as clear cut as the work permit being denied with Henrique, something regarding whether we buy him or not but that may be hearsay. There was talk of Dempsey but he's not leaving, Jelavic from Rangers but the asking price is high plus Moses and Rodallega from Wigan. Harry Redknapp's bench will be warm enough with Pienaar and Krancjar sat on it for the rest of the season (I'd hate to see Tottenham win the league) and that's it apart from the South African international Mphela who could be a good one. Glad to have Onuoha and Taiwo and things are looking up.

Tomorrow will be feisty enough without Terry's antics but on his form he might help us win the game. Fat Frank is also out.

Are you happy that Hughes is there? Was unhappy to begin with, I've got nothing but respect for Colin. And to finish up, I wish Barton would shut it now and start performing on the pitch. He makes more of a target for himself on the pitch with his ridiculous tweeting, such that cheats like Bradley Johnson will take full advantage of his reputation.

Doseone

Guru
But I'm a little concerned that you know which team I follow! Did I mention it on this thread? Or have I got a stalker :laugh:

But will Ferdinand do a Bridge and refuse to shake hands? I'd love it to happen... but only because I think Terry is a bit of a ****.

I've been going through your bins again Yello:laugh:

Actually this thread you gave yourself away!!

FWIW I think Ferdinand shouldn't shake JT's hand and the rest of the team should stand by him and not shake his hand either. Won't happen though.

Definitely shouldn't shake hands with the errant hedge-born skainsmate (who just happens to play for Chelsea).

:bravo:soooooooooooooooooooooooopppAAAAAA hooooooooooooooopppsssAAAAAAA

Doseone

Guru
Good man, have heard that it's not quite as clear cut as the work permit being denied with Henrique, something regarding whether we buy him or not but that may be hearsay. There was talk of Dempsey but he's not leaving, Jelavic from Rangers but the asking price is high plus Moses and Rodallega from Wigan. Harry Redknapp's bench will be warm enough with Pienaar and Krancjar sat on it for the rest of the season (I'd hate to see Tottenham win the league) and that's it apart from the South African international Mphela who could be a good one. Glad to have Onuoha and Taiwo and things are looking up.

Tomorrow will be feisty enough without Terry's antics but on his form he might help us win the game. Fat Frank is also out.

Are you happy that Hughes is there? Was unhappy to begin with, I've got nothing but respect for Colin. And to finish up, I wish Barton would shut it now and start performing on the pitch. He makes more of a target for himself on the pitch with his ridiculous tweeting, such that cheating little toerags like Bradley Johnson will take full advantage of his reputation.

Can't leave a long reply now as I've got to dash and get (Scum Chelsea supporting :angry: 9 yr old son to football), but.... I agree, thought Colin did a great job, but I think he was out of his depth in the PL. He did an amazing job getting us promoted last season as there were other teams like Cardiff who on paper were far better than we were. Some of the comments from the players since Hughes has come in are thinly veiled sideswipes at NW eg I think it was Luke Young who said something like it's nice to go in to a game where we all know what we're supposed to be doing and have a plan B. There were also rumours about training sessions being left to Keith Curle and Mick Jones who apparently have a few "issues" while NW was off in his Cornwall holiday home. Whatever the truth of these, recent form showed something was definitely wrong and change was needed. I'm happy with MH and think he'll keep us up although am a bit concerned at how much influence Kia Joorabchian is going to have on our transfers. Could write much more but got to go. Talk again.

Top Bottom