[Warning - 'wendyball' thread] Will Tevez ever play again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

If you don't like football, please read no further. This thread is not for you.

This morning, I was reading about the continuing saga of Carlos Tevez. It crossed my mind that nobody would ever sign him, he'd never play again maybe.

The guy (or just as likely, his advisor) seems to create too many difficulties for clubs.

Thoughts?

It's possible, though unlikely. I can't help thinking that he will not want to get himself into another situation liike that he has got himself into at Manchester City. If every time he has a strop he ends up sidelined for months on end, he may find that his career is frittered away anyway on the edge of each team he has excelled for, and then pissed off.

I have also heard that Balotelli has had a strop about being caught for kicking the Tottenham player (although I don't blame him, it was a Tottenham player :laugh: ).

Apparently Tevez has shrugged off PSG and there's talk again of AC Milan who we've (QPR) just signed Taiwo from. Thanks to the Home Office refusing a work permit nobody in England will now see the young starlet from Sao Paulo, Henrique, and thanks to Alex believing he's too big for us also letting us down, along with Harry Redknapp keeping the likes of Pienarr and Krancjar on the bench for the rest of the season to play another 20 minutes each between now and May, it doen't look like we'll be signing anybody else.

What about Carlos Tevez? No ta, he can go where he wants and take Joey Barton with him.

OP
OP
Y

yello

As an aside, Taiwo is a good bit of business for QPR. He's a good, solid player with a sound work ethic. I watched him many times (on tele) for Marseilles. He'll do well at QPR methinks.

Re Tevez, I'm not sure I can see any club meeting the apparent asking price of £25M. It's buying potential problems.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I wouldn't pay 2p for him. United were right to let him go. Pain in the buttock. Too much trouble.

City aren't having a good time with players at the mo. Hah hah !

Maz

Guru
If he does play again, I can't see it being in the UK.
It strange that this situation has gone on for so long, and a shame because he's such a good player.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
There will always be a manager or an owner somewhere who believes they can reform a bad boy, but he may well be finished as far as top clubs in Europe are concerned. Too much high maintenance baggage to be worth a gamble.

I feel a bit sorry for him, he's not an educated man and I think he has been cruelly exploited by his management team who see him as a cash cow to be used till his worth is no more and then discarded.

ohnovino

Large Member
If he was to ditch Kia Joorabchian I'm sure he could settle down at any club and start playing like a world class striker again.

As an aside, Taiwo is a good bit of business for QPR. He's a good, solid player with a sound work ethic. I watched him many times (on tele) for Marseilles. He'll do well at QPR methinks.

Re Tevez, I'm not sure I can see any club meeting the apparent asking price of £25M. It's buying potential problems.

Yes, I think it is a good bit of business with the added bonus that he played time at Les Phoceens (my French club).

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHsQ3eqKEBw

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The BBC are reporting that Tevez has lost £9.3m in wages, fines and bonus. The whole episode is obscene.

Get with the real world Carlos, that sort of money is life changing and that idiot has just thrown it away like a spoilt child.

mangaman

There will always be a manager or an owner somewhere who believes they can reform a bad boy, but he may well be finished as far as top clubs in Europe are concerned. Too much high maintenance baggage to be worth a gamble.

I feel a bit sorry for him, he's not an educated man and I think he has been cruelly exploited by his management team who see him as a cash cow to be used till his worth is no more and then discarded.

I agree - I think he appears to be terribly badly advised by a bunch of scroungers.

As a player, whenever he's gone out, he always seems to me to be really committed.

He's a whole different animal than Ballotelli and Barton who are just nasty pieces of work.

ohnovino

Large Member
The BBC are reporting that Tevez has lost £9.3m in wages, fines and bonus. The whole episode is obscene.

I was thinking about that figure before. If it's £9.3m gross, then it's probably more like £5m net. If he gets a move to somewhere a little more "tax-friendly", he might make that back with his signing bonus.

U

User482

I should imagine that any other club would've been forced to sell Tevez by now for financial reasons. Given that City have seemingly endless buckets of cash, he's picked the wrong people to fall out with.

Top Bottom