Warwickshire Bike Clubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JNR

I'm relocating to Warwickshire (Leamington Spa/Kenilworth) and would like to know if there are any welcoming cycling clubs in the area. I've got from now until September to get myself in shape to handle the rides but I don't think I'll be ready to keep up with the hardcore. I'd like a club that does shorter rides too and is friendly to new members.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
JNR

JNR

No Warwickshire riders on the forum?

jimboalee

A vote here for Kenilworth Wheelers, although they were the rowdies who got us ( every cycle club ) banned from Craycombe Cafe shop. :biggrin:

There are some Solihull CC members in north Leamington.

Solihull does 5 rides on Sunday. E ride is about 50 km at an easy pace. Sun 25th, they're going to Hatton Shopping Village ( via the country lanes ). Start is at the Barley Mow in Solihull and the apres velo venue is either The Bulls Head or The Bulls Head ( Barston or Earlswood ). Check the website.

I'm going to ride with the Nigel Mansel Cycle Challenge on Sunday, cus he's an old pal from Lucas ( when he was an Apprentice ).

I went out with CycleSolihull yesterday. 2 O'clock in Knowle and we went to Hatton Shopping Village and back in 3 hours 15 minutes.... ( 21 miles )... Slow enough?

They are a completely different crowd from Solihull CC. MTBs, Hybrids and shoppers.

jimboalee

There is the Leamington C & A C.

They have two levels of ride each Sunday. 'Fast' and 'Steady'.

The 'Steady' ride is described as 40 - 60 miles at a 16mph speed. :wacko:

OP
OP
JNR

JNR

Thanks for the input. I thought it would be ok bumping this BrumJim as it had getting on for two weeks with no replies.

:thumbsup:

There is the Leamington C & A C.

They have two levels of ride each Sunday. 'Fast' and 'Steady'.

The 'Steady' ride is described as 40 - 60 miles at a 16mph speed. :wacko:

Hmmm. If I achieve everything I have set out to do, that shouldn't be a challenge. But at the moment, there is a big difference between 40 and 60 miles at that 'steady' pace for me.

:ohmy:

All the other suggestions are great, just want a ride to go out on really! Thanks very much CCers.

Top Bottom