Was I out of order?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jonathing

Über Member
I'd just climbed the main hill on my way home from work and was pootling slowly along waiting for my heart rate to return to triple figures when a car drew up along side me and and pulled across into a parking space. One emergency skid stop later I asked the driver, a middle aged woman whether she always tries to knock people off their bikes or if she made an exception for me. After I'd explained (quite calmly) the error of her ways she sat and stared blankly at me, I prompted her with "go on, apologise then". This was met with "I'm deaf". Once I'd realised this wasn't supposed to excuse her poor driving I repeated myself in British sign language, to which she sat and looked equally blankly at me.

Now either she's deaf and hasn't learned to communicate or she was being incredibly disrespectful trying to make up an excuse for not saying sorry for trying to kill me.

My question to the floor is, am I out of order trying to call her bluff on her bullshirt excuse.

Herr-B

Not at all. Well done for remaining calm.

Biglad82

No I wouldn't say so. Did you use official sign language or drag her through the window ?
Joking aside. It doesn't warrant her to drive any differently. You sure she wasn't one of those immigrant thingies. And didn't understand you ?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Northumberland Road/Conduit Road, from Western Bank up to School Road in Crookes. Not the longest climb in Sheffield but one of the steeper ones I can manage on my fixed.

If it was school lane, I can see that happening.

I don't see what is wrong in signing. You'd probably know that anyway as part of your job.

And on the topic of deaf drivers, I remember a few years ago seeing York's finest celebrity police officer hammering very loudly on someone's window and shouting very loudly and aggressively.

Top Bottom