Washing machine part

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
I had a look at the washer because it had an annoying little leak. Not much at all but it was there after every wash. I hoiked it out and turned it over and something clattered around as the machine went onto it's side.

This device is what was rattling around:
20170305_135615.jpg 20170305_135548.jpg 20170305_135553.jpg

It's plastic, about 60mm long and has a hole through it.

I've found what was causing the leak. Nothing to do with this device.

So seeing as how the machine was working fine apart from the small leak.

Do I ?

A) Strip the rest of the machine apart to see where this came from ?

B) Ignore it and just bung the machine back and hope for the best ?

C) Dither about and leave the machine open and all over the place until I find out what it is ? (Mrs Colly isn't keen on this option)

The machine is a Hoover VDH Sensor Spin. Any washing machine engineers on here ??

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
No expert but that looks a bit like one of those bits that stop the drum banging around during transportation.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Door seal ..hose seal and the circulation /drain pump are the usual areas for weeping leaks.

All easy to fix if you are okay with diy spannering

classic33

Leg End Member
How much water and where did the water appear?

PK99

Legendary Member
I had a look at the washer because it had an annoying little leak. Not much at all but it was there after every wash. I hoiked it out and turned it over and something clattered around as the machine went onto it's side.

This device is what was rattling around:
View attachment 340947 View attachment 340948 View attachment 340949

It's plastic, about 60mm long and has a hole through it.

I've found what was causing the leak. Nothing to do with this device.

So seeing as how the machine was working fine apart from the small leak.

The machine is a Hoover VDH Sensor Spin. Any washing machine engineers on here ??

That looks like a transport spacer - several of those to stop the heavy, weighted drum moving excessively in transit - should be removed before use and kept for when moving house - but who ever does....

I had a weeping leak once, along the spindle of the pump, it managed to write off an expensive floor by leaking very slowly over many months (or so I surmised from the amount of water below the floor surface). The repair man's explanation was calcium build up in the pump as we are in a very hard water area gradually forcing the spindle off line

gbb

Legendary Member
There's probably not so many hoses on any washing machine, I had a similar leak the other month.
Tip machine and chock it, make it safe while looking from underneath. A good torch helps you see better.
See if you can localise any pooled water...it might be a hint.
Squeeze particually any soft rubber hoses, mine had a very fine slit in it I couldn't see easily..I had to look real hard to see it.
Check to see if there's a hose from the soap drawer to the drum, had a hose come
loose at the drawer end in the past.
Pull the hoses near their ends, make sure they're secure.
I always run my fingers round and Inspect the door seal for splits.

Top Bottom