Washing machine part

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's probably not so many hoses on any washing machine, I had a similar leak the other month.
Tip machine and chock it, make it safe while looking from underneath. A good torch helps you see better.
See if you can localise any pooled water...it might be a hint.
Squeeze particually any soft rubber hoses, mine had a very fine slit in it I couldn't see easily..I had to look real hard to see it.
Check to see if there's a hose from the soap drawer to the drum, had a hose come
loose at the drawer end in the past.
Pull the hoses near their ends, make sure they're secure.
I always run my fingers round and Inspect the door seal for splits.
Or just use a hammer

Reactions: gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Or just use a hammer
We have a friend who is...errrrr...excitable, highly strung. We went round theirs and his wife had a new hoover...what ? Another one ? my wife asked.

His wife explained...I couldn't tell you the things he's broken thinking he will fix it.
He can't...then loses his rag and hurls the offending item out into the garden. I wished he'd just stop trying :laugh:

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
In fact once I had the top off the machine I could see water/soap trail marks from where the water was coming from. It was the soap dispenser lid which is of poor design. The lid is clipped in place but there is no gasket, so any splashes seep out.

A quick clean and a dry and some silicone sealant has done the job.

It was a spacer yes.

We have a friend who is...errrrr...excitable, highly strung. We went round theirs and his wife had a new hoover...what ? Another one ? my wife asked.

His wife explained...I couldn't tell you the things he's broken thinking he will fix it.
He can't...then loses his rag and hurls the offending item out into the garden. I wished he'd just stop trying :laugh:
I love flat pack furniture.
Until it comes to assembling them.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran

The only things I ever do that to are computer printers. They deserve it. I don't do it in a sudden fit of rage. No, I slowly build up like a pressure cooker of rage, carefully put the hateful thing in a rubble sack and then boot or throw the whole lot up the garden. Either that or sledge hammer golf.

Then I go and buy another printer. It makes me laugh (manically) when the bloke at the PC shop tries to sell me 'covers everything' insurance.

classic33

Leg End Member
In fact once I had the top off the machine I could see water/soap trail marks from where the water was coming from. It was the soap dispenser lid which is of poor design. The lid is clipped in place but there is no gasket, so any splashes seep out.

A quick clean and a dry and some silicone sealant has done the job.

It was a spacer yes.
Did you clean the inside?

Top Bottom