Wasp Nest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
This should do it, move your bikes first though :thumbsup:

DIYFlameThrower.jpg

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This should do it, move your bikes first though :thumbsup:

DIYFlameThrower.jpg

You can do that with a can of Lynx and a lighter !!! :whistle:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The wife and kids are off to the folk's caravan for a few nights this week, so I'll get foam and powder. They are getting in a small gap in the bricks into the eves of the garage and also in a couple of the mortar gaps between the wall and barge boards. (Only 6" apart) I suspect the nest is in the eves (certainly can't see it inside).

They are pretty quiet in the late evening. I assume foam is better where you can see the nest - but it can be sprayed from 2m away, which gives me time to leg it. The powder would mean getting up step ladders (only about 2 steps though) then puffing it - how much time do you think I'll need before dashing for it.....? :tongue:
If it's a cold night, you'll have plenty of time.
I was up a ladder at the top of the hpouse puffing the powder around and under several tiles near the gutter, I was well
covered-up, but none came out.
I found the foam fairly useless the the powder a few days later did the trick.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Think it might be ant powder....... we'll see.... the foam is a safe application of insecticide... until you realise your daily ride is still in said garage, and said waspy buggers 'entrance' in less than 6" from garage door top - oh did I move............FFS............... :biggrin:...............bike out............ covered my ass with another blast................:wacko:

Got all week to sort, let's not hope anything goes wrong other than a multi tool can fix.................I ain't going in there............... :whistle:

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Rotherham Council wanted £60 I did it myself for £3 (can of spray).

The nest was under the bay window, one stung me when I was mowing the lawn. I emptied the can into the nest entrance and sealed it with silicone. The little b*stards hung on for days then all died.

Top Bottom