Wasp sting 🐝 - nearly fell into a bush!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carpiste

Guru
Having swallowed most types of flies and been stung Ialways, always wear a tube bandana over my nose and mouth. You can pick up the tube types for next to nothing from ebay and they are the best solution I ever found.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253239791368?hash=item3af6448f08:g:SHwAAOSw3KNcwaVh
They won`t help with a wasp under your helmet but it`s batter than having a thick, sore lip or an upset stomach from digesting the wrong type of protein!

I got bee stung in the neck whilst riding. Just managed to stay upright but a nasty surprise.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

This was my arse-daggering, on a commute to work, by a flying chav a couple of years ago..
Painful at first, then really itchy for quite a while!

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Road helmets don't seem to feature bug mesh as often as MTB helmets, sadly. My Lidl lid has one, the Carnac road helmet does not. One to watch out for when I next buy a helmet.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Happened to me last year. First time I'd worn a helmet on the road for years (I was on a new fixie and didn't quite trust myself).

The helmet is probably still in the hedge where I flung it, with accompanying wasp.

Vinegar can also help with wasp stings
This ^^^

(but not bee stings)
Bicarbonate of soda for this ^^^

My worry is always getting one in my mouth whilst cycling.
Simple remedy for this...keep mouth closed!

OP - hope you are now starting to feel better.

re: riding w/ head nets, the hole on top where the cam mount is, helped secure it from moving about. it pushed up against my face in the wind & kept sliding back, not protecting my neck as much
ACXS0005.JPG

making a hole for the cam mount stopped it from moving & allowed me to keep using the camera. I think I used some clear polyurethane over the tape to keep it from fraying. it looked crazy but when I got into a known flying insect area I pulled it down & I was spared. only used this in a regular fairly remote wooded area near my home, so it wasn't too embarrassing. a few ppl saw me wearing it but while they smiled in humor, I hope they were also thinking hmm, maybe I'll get one too!
ACXS0266.JPG

Attachments

• head net PROFILE IMG_5319 - small.JPG
    head net PROFILE IMG_5319 - small.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Top Bottom