Watch. Do I need one...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
A cheap buy from eBay, but I quite like it.

1616100489127.png

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
My missus brought me a Casio WSD-F21hr the other week. It's an outdoorsy smartwatch, with gadgets i probably wont use... It's not my usual thing. Never had a smart watch before, my previous watch was and still is a Citizen Eco-Drive U600 from about 2007. She brought me that as well and it works perfectly. I guess she feels i need to be dragged into the next century, even against my will... Im not really convinced. It's a nice toy, lots of information on it, with onboard sensors. I suppose i best get lost in the wild somewhere and try to get myself to safety to feel authentic.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
My missus brought me a Casio WSD-F21hr the other week. It's an outdoorsy smartwatch, with gadgets i probably wont use... It's not my usual thing. Never had a smart watch before, my previous watch was and still is a Citizen Eco-Drive U600 from about 2007. She brought me that as well and it works perfectly. I guess she feels i need to be dragged into the next century, even against my will... Im not really convinced. It's a nice toy, lots of information on it, with onboard sensors. I suppose i best get lost in the wild somewhere and try to get myself to safety to feel authentic.
I've got a ProTrek that's something similar. No good to me in winter as it doesn't get enough daylight to stay charged.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I've got a ProTrek that's something similar. No good to me in winter as it doesn't get enough daylight to stay charged.
My previous watch was a solar one, the eco drive. But this one needs charging every 2 days or so. It isn't solar. It has a long life mode which apparently last 30 days. Not tried the accuracy of those claims yet. It is very different to what im used to.

Drago

Legendary Member
My latest daily timepiece. Now I'm no longer having daily fisticuffs for a living the G-Shock has been semi retired and replaced with a Devil Diver.

More testosterone than a Burt Reynolds chest wig. It gets more admiring comments than my Tudor or Doxa do.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
My latest daily timepiece. Now I'm no longer having daily fisticuffs for a living the G-Shock has been semi retired and replaced with a Devil Diver.

View attachment 579521

More testosterone than a Burt Reynolds chest wig. It gets more admiring comments than my Tudor or Doxa do.

The 80s are calling and want their watch back. Did that fall through a hole in time ? 😂

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Given no-one bought me a birthday present I've bought a Skagen Falster 2 smartwatch to try and a second Skagen from their sale.

£100 (£270 RRP) and £32 (£122 RRP) spent - well I do live in Yorkshire :whistle:

Skagen smartwatch is taking some getting used to: it's not picked up I ride more than walk despite linking Strava so keeps telling me to move more.

Top Bottom