Watch out in Richmond Park... Machete wielding thieves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Please enlighten me as to how a 68 yr old lady at 5' 3" and weighing 9stone can adopt a "don't mess with me demeanour"? I'm intrigued:laugh:

I'm not 5' 3" or 68 and I'm not a lady either. It's still unwise to assume a small or more senior person automatically equates to an easy victim. Someone I know is smaller than you, albeit 30 years younger, but I still wouldn't pick a fight with her - as I know she does martial arts and would not be a pushover in a barney.

iluvmybike

Über Member
I'm not 5' 3" or 68 and I'm not a lady either. It's still unwise to assume a small or more senior person automatically equates to an easy victim. Someone I know is smaller than you, albeit 30 years younger, but I still wouldn't pick a fight with her - as I know she does martial arts and would not be a pushover in a barney.
I'll dust of me black belt then....:rolleyes:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Please enlighten me as to how a 68 yr old lady at 5' 3" and weighing 9stone can adopt a "don't mess with me demeanour"? I'm intrigued:laugh:

Something like this with a scythe attached to bars

gky6rilre47g.jpg

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
The solution for me is simple. My bikes weigh so much, these malnourished thieves would dump it 200 yards away.

Truth be told however, these thugs know the bike he was riding was probably worth something as any bike probably is ridden by a lycra dressed cyclist with sponsorship decals plastered all over them. It's not a dig at such riders, but likely true...

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It's from a couple of pics in the DM. They ask people to send photos in.
Looks to me like Roehampton, just up the road from Richmond Park. Large council estate there. Someone with a better knowledge of the area should know. As @Blue Hills says some cop with half a brain should be able to track them from there with CC TV cameras.

Terrible thing - hope he's OK

You can tell he is a pro bike rider though - from the following comment
At least I got most of the ride in even if no file to show for it!
and the picture showing bad 'road rash' and the Police comment that he didn't need to go to hospital

Top Bottom