Watch pro-cycling, but don't cycle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Albrey

I got into watching cycling (road and track) after the 2012 Olympics... surprise, surprise...

Slightly to the amusement of my cyclist friends I now bang on about the Tours in particular, quite a lot.

I cycled for a year around London back in 2002. But eventually gave up cause I just have a fear of road traffic.

Now a couple of my mates are suggesting I get myself a road bike and come out and join them. Much as I'd like to, I just think it will go the same way as before. I also rationalise - that I like watching football etc...but that doesn't mean I go out and play football now (I'm late 40s)..

I wondering if there was a large contingent of pro-cycling spectators who have no intention of getting on a bike themselves?!

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I got into watching cycling (road and track) after the 2012 Olympics... surprise, surprise...

Slightly to the amusement of my cyclist friends I now bang on about the Tours in particular, quite a lot.

I cycled for a year around London back in 2002. But eventually gave up cause I just have a fear of road traffic.

Now a couple of my mates are suggesting I get myself a road bike and come out and join them. Much as I'd like to, I just think it will go the same way as before. I also rationalise - that I like watching football etc...but that doesn't mean I go out and play football now (I'm late 40s)..

I wondering if there was a large contingent of pro-cycling spectators who have no intention of getting on a bike themselves?!
Yes, but probably not on here ^_^

One or two. I'm not sure if @brommers cycles much but he follows the pro cycling (apologies to him if he does).

This is an interesting point, just going slightly off topic a colleague of mine loves formula one although he's never driven or owned any type of car.

OP
OP
A

Albrey

yes - I mean the sport I actually like doing is running... but I can't say marathon running is necessarily the most exciting spectator sport..

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
It rather irks me that some people on cyclechat think, that if you don't ride a bike, but watch cycle racing, that you're some sort of imposter.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
This is an interesting point, just going slightly off topic a colleague of mine loves formula one although he's never driven or owned any type of car.

Same as me, love F1. Don't drive, have never had or have any interest in cars or driving what so ever.

In fact, I cycle more then most and find pro cycling and track cycling very boring so rarely watch.

Top Bottom