Watch this and feel humbled...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's an over-used word mostly due to it's use on Facebook posts by middle-aged women trying to make a point but really only highlighting how little they value themselves.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I tried to watch it but was overcome by hyperbole at 1:38. I have just come round and I'm heading off to bed to complete my sleep cycle. I didn't miss much on TV did I?

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Earth is the centre of the universe
Great Britain is the centre of the Earth
The North is the centre of Great Britain
Lancashire is the centre of the North
Rochdale is the centre of Lancashire

So i don't feel humbled looking out , but everyone looking in should bow to the greatness that is the birth place of the mighty Lisa Stansfield and Gracy Fields.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Earth is the centre of the universe
Great Britain is the centre of the Earth
The North is the centre of Great Britain
Lancashire is the centre of the North
Rochdale is the centre of Lancashire

So i don't feel humbled looking out , but everyone looking in should bow to the greatness that is the birth place of the mighty Lisa Stansfield and Gracy Fields.

Gracy Fields? How low, apart from six feet under, do you have to stoop to find anything resembling adequacy never mind greatness. Yep. Rochdale has to look out because no one's looking in.....:thumbsup:

asterix

Comrade Member
.. Don't be melodramatic. Look down there. Tell me. Would you really feel any pity if one of those dots stopped moving forever? If I offered you twenty thousand pounds for every dot that stopped, would you really, old man, tell me to keep my money, or would you calculate how many dots you could afford to spare? Free of income tax, old man. Free of income tax - the only way you can save money nowadays.

ASC1951

Guru
IIRC when Carl Sagan was on that there Desert Island Disks, every single piece of music he chose was from one of his own programmes. There again, he was a Merkan and they don't do understatement.
In fairness to his overblown commentary style, space exploration is now a much more routine science-led affair that it was in the 80s and 90s.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
so if you feel humbled this means you don't value yourself? What tosh... One of the most respected people I know is also the most humble person I know. Humble doesn't mean you have no value or self respect, it means you're not full of your own self importance. Perhaps if you don't feel humbled you feel superior which is the message... man feels its his right to use every resource on this planet for his own selfish causes even if that means destroying the only home we have ever known. The whole point of the video. Obviously that doesn't mean every individual but humans, as a species, need a wake up call. But i didn't put it on here for a debate, i just thought it was a cool video that makes you realise how little we are.

Top Bottom