Watches...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I have no time for them personally :becool: (come on you had to see that one coming sooner or later)

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Now a serious post how is a watch valued at so much money my brother seemed to have a thing for these for a while and had a collection of 4-6 watches Tag and Omega (i lost interest after that part of the conversation) that had to be kept in a safe in order to be covered under his home contents insurance the collection was insured for £70 000 :wacko: so what makes one worth the 100's of thousands that are asked for them ?

pauldavid

Veteran
I've never collected them, mainly because I'm not rich enough. But I do wear a nice watch.

You are right though, the watches in the video really are something special.

Although I'd need to win the lottery to afford one and that's unlikely cos' I don't do it!

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Yup, love my watches.
Have about 50...yup.. 50.
Cheapo cheapo ones, right up to...well better not say :whistle:
My wife usually buys me a new watch once a year.

Blimey! I never had that many, but most of the ones I did have were not the cheapest watch in the shop.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Some are only worn on special occasions. I like to chop and change.
They are also all face watches rather then digital.
I feel naked without a watch on.

I seem to be wearing one less and less these days. I do actually have more than one, I have a swatch, that I wear for work, I have an old watch my my mum bought me 40 odd years ago that don't work, I have my grandfathers old Ingersoll fob watch, that also does not work and I have a Garmin SatNav thing that I wear when cycling, and I have a JLC that kept me poor for a year. I used to have about 20.

Last edited:
Top Bottom